Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sensation of weird proportions

Sensation of weird proportions

Dear people,

This question of mine has remained unanswered for years. Perhaps somebody on this forum would be able to give me some feedback? So far I haven't met anybody who even knows what I'm talking about. So, here it is:

Sometimes, when in trans, I start to visualize things. And whatever I see/feel in my mind, has a weird feeling of abnormal size/proportion. For example, if I visualize my hand holding a pen, it feels as if my hand was gigantic and the pen was tiny, or the other way around. This bizarre proportion-sensation tends to grow and whatever I visualize, it becomes either giant or small. Unless I open my eyes, the sensation remains and at some point gets too weird to continue.

I know the description probably doesn't make any sense...But I trust that if anybody around here has ever experienced anything similar, it probably would make sense. So...any comments?
    Last edited by embrace; 28th February 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Re: Sensation of weird proportions

During the concentration, you distribute your energy (Your Astral body). Body parts, on which you are concentrated, get more energy, and parts, on which you don't concentrate, get less energy. This distorts the perception of our body (including the eyes end the field of view).

Blog Entries

My guess, from pre-projection sensations, is that your energy body is expanding and contracting, and what you feel is the object in comparison to how the e-body feels.
    Since an RTZ projection is an expansion of your etheric body, (or so some of us theorize) you can be using it as a perception mechanism when in this liminal state.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for your feedback, it's interesting what you're saying.

Blog Entries

I have felt this several times in my life. Never known what it was untill a few months ago, and now I know it can happen in different trance states. Correct me if I'm misstaken but I think Robert writes about this in either Astral Dynamics or MAP. Either way I recognize this from one of his books.
    Whenever I get this feeling, which is rare, it often feel as if different body parts is out of proportion compared to other parts or that I am extremelly small in a very large space. The feeling of that an object/body part is very heavy often follows.
    I remember one time long ago where it felt as if my tongue was very large compared to the rest of my face, although at the same time it felt normal. A sort of dual feeling.
    The last time I felt this was when practicing trance work last year. It felt as if I was in a very large room/space and that I was very tiny and heavy compared to normal. And this switched between normal proportions and the smallness/heavyness.
    When thinking back I have had this feeling before waking up or before falling asleep and that indicates that it is a sign of the mind letting go during a trance state.
    My guess is that it is a product of beeing in a trance state, similar to the feeling of vertigo or limbs beeing out of place or waves rippling through your body and so on, only a different one. Perhaps a more rare one.

Hope this was worth something!

Regards
    Linus

Blog Entries

I think Robert writes about this in either Astral Dynamics or MAP.
    I think in both, regarding different effects- energy body expansion, partial separation, and an exit method. That I can think of.
    I want to mention that if this is problematic, use sponging on the limb you are experiencing this. Otherwise, just enjoy it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    Whenever I get this feeling, which is rare, it often feel as if different body parts is out of proportion compared to other parts or that I am extremelly small in a very large space.
    This sensation happened to me often during combined energy work and meditation. I used to experience this when a blocked part of my energy body opened up. Where there is little energy, there is little awareness. You simply do not get as much nerve signals from those areas, maybe because they're also not as richly oxygenated as others - oxygenation and energy seem to be related, at least to many energy practices.

So, when this happened, weird effects would develop where a body part would seem much larger than it used to be before. This would recede soon after and a more balanced body image restored. I think whatever within us creates our body image internally, the feeling of distances and dimensions of our body, is used to slow changes. Sudden changes in oxygenation and nerve signalling from an area first lead to an impression of largeness in that area and an unbalanced inner body image, then everything begins to rebalance and then a new, coherent inner body image is provided.

Thank you everybody for sharing their thoughts!

Blog Entries

If I am thinking of the same thing which I am not sure I am because what I feel is much worse than what you and Sirius describe but in my experience this is a negative energy attack I believe its actually an attempt at possession and the Ozzy Osborne song iron man is actually a reference to it as well. I would often get this when I was sick especially when I was a kid. I understand now that ailments are only caused by bad energy. Another thing over noticed is that when I would pray or read the Bible ( plz note I bilelieve all Scripture is equally valid if it gets you closer to God) then it would almost immediately go away also. Take it as you will
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Hi Embrace,

I've gotten this sensation as well. I feel this in light trance, it is a very strange feeling not too sure why it occurs. It does do a good job of keeping my conscious mind awake while on the path toward deeper states of trance though.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.