Thread: Lucid dreams with dreams (sorry, long!)

Lucid dreams with dreams (sorry, long!)

I intended to project out from the 3rd eye as I lay in bed last night, & do have a vague recollection of doing so, though a purple tunnel - but then a lucid dream came over me, in which I asked the spirit of an "oneirc herb" for help in attaining lucidity, without having to actually "take" the herb physically. (This is no doubt because I am reading something by an anthropologist who studied shamanic herbs wrt rites & rituals).

I then found myself in a magnificent starscape, in some "other" universe, watching what seemed to be a "war" between beings of light. Shapes similar to the classic "UFO" manifested & dematerialized all around me.

I heard a voice asking me, "Do you really want to experience this?" & I replied that I did. I could then experience, along with a certain being, who appeared to be a shaft of golden light, how he/she underwent 'death" when their "vehicle" was damaged; a kaleidoscope of colour & light that continued from their immediate past experience with hardly any change. After this, it all became too abstract to describe, with sound, light & waves. . .

. . .until I found myself in a much lower condition, trying to repair a bathroom basin, which was precariously balanced on a series of linking joints. Water was bubbling out all over, but I managed to get it into place. I had a dreadful sense of doom; especially as a "detective" arrived to question me about the murder of someone! I had the feeling I had actually killed a large, frankenstein-monster type of creature, & that B (my ex-partner) had helped me to bury it near the bathroom basin.

I felt deep guilt at having taken a life, although I denied it to the detective. B was there for part of the dream, helping a "show girl" to do her hair, as she was bald on the top of her head. I was rather annoyed that he thought that was more important than the detective's visit. The girl told him she wanted her hair to be "like Laurel"; I asked what she meant & finally had her spell it out - she was trying to say "L'Oreal" (!)

I went into a bedroom to close a window, while pondering the fact that I was really only dreaming & that all states of consciousness are actually contiguous, as the window-pane slipped & fell out of the frame.

Feeling really confused, I told my daughter not to use the basin as it needed repairing; I had 2 plastic bottles which I planned to paint & use for the repair (!). Then I noticed an old refrigerator next to the basin; I looked inside & saw many loaves of old bread in platic bags; I knew I'd have to clean it all out, too.

Still in dream state, I started writing it all down in my dream diary, with my own analysis of the symbols; I was making short notes & sketches so as not to forget anything, when I was (really) awoken by the dogs.

Trying to analyze this myself, I am taking the "lower" experience as symbolic of having killed off part of myself, probably concerning lower self emotions (water) but that I still have to work on old, mouldy/outdated sources of sustenance for the lower self (the old loaves). By not admitting to the killing of the monster, probably I am still resisting my own insights. . . .& trying to "keep it all together" (repairing the basin) with materiels not suited to the task (plastic bottles). But my ex doing a girl's hair??

As to the first section with the beings of light, I am rather stumped & am taking it to be a "real" lucid experience. . .

I'd appreciate any other points of view!
    Last edited by sono2; 20th March 2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Title should be Lucid dream WITHIN dream"

Blog Entries

Re: Lucid dreams with dreams (sorry, long!)

Hello, sono.

Also consider maybe puns. "Old loaves" - "Old loves"?

Also, if I try to visualise the basin arrangement, I am reminded of the area of the hips (linking joint) and pelvis (also called "Becken" = basin in Geman), so maybe you're doing some work to that area of your body?

The frankenstein monster could be the archetypal shadow, a "monster of your own making."

Just some thoughts.

Re: Lucid dreams with dreams (sorry, long!)

Hmmm, thanks. . . food for thought, & I had forgotten the word Becken; ties in with the middle chakra being so active.