Thread: looking for lessons in Iron Body Kung Fu

looking for lessons in Iron Body Kung Fu

I'm seeking information about learning iron body kung fu, since it does involved body internal and extral practice I know Energy work is the first half. now I'm just looking for the rest of the methods.

I read about this guy whos body was so strong he could withstand bullets. i know to start off slow and build up but I deffinetly want to be that resiliant.

anyone able to share any information for me on thsi subject thank you
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

Blog Entries

Re: looking for lessons in Iron Body Kung Fu

Bones can be compressed and hardened and have a pourous crystalline structure that according to some in the medical community are also conductive to electricity. One thing I've experienced in particular involves ingesting silver (please research I don't want to go into detail right now)

Additionally its really just mind over matter. When the mind/energy is strong the matter is easier to manipulate is the best way I can think of to explain it. The more you do a spiritual workout the more you will have other abilities like physical strength/energy. Try experimenting as much as possible with meditation, chanting, pranayama, or some other spiritual technique and then following that up with exercise and then comparing any differences you may be aware of. I am sure you will be quite amazed. For example Its generally more effective for any type of "psycho spiritual" phenomena to occur far more outdoors in nature rather than inside.
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by thedevil View Post
    Bones can be compressed and hardened and have a pourous crystalline structure that according to some in the medical community are also conductive to electricity. One thing I've experienced in particular involves ingesting silver (please research I don't want to go into detail right now)

Additionally its really just mind over matter. When the mind/energy is strong the matter is easier to manipulate is the best way I can think of to explain it. The more you do a spiritual workout the more you will have other abilities like physical strength/energy. Try experimenting as much as possible with meditation, chanting, pranayama, or some other spiritual technique and then following that up with exercise and then comparing any differences you may be aware of. I am sure you will be quite amazed. For example Its generally more effective for any type of "psycho spiritual" phenomena to occur far more outdoors in nature rather than inside.
    the external martial art is beating your skin with a object and building up threw time, im using a whight bag atm.

im corently trying to compress my energy as i absorb it. im thinking using earth fire and metal eneries as I abosrb.
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

Blog Entries

I haven't had experience with metal but I would say trees are a really good source of earth energy in my experience. Fire energy of course comes from the sun. The Buddha is actually said to achieve enlightenment while sitting under a tree. Personally I find trees to be better companions than most humans...
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

i found this link for iron shirt,

don't know if thats any different from iron body.

http://www.taosource.net/ironshirt1.pdf

Blog Entries

I was going to ask you that!

Iron Shirt Qigong is about "compressing energy" in a way that is supposed to decrease vulnerability in martial artists. The one I read about uses techniques that have to with holding breath (or was it Daoist reverse breathing?), but it's been a long time ago really. My goal wasn't like yours, I was only interested in health or spiritual benefits.

Yes, it was the same book you're referencing... Mantak Chia's practices gave me some pronounced energy effects back then when I practiced them. However I grew uncomfortable with them in the long run.

IIRC Mantak Chia taught 3 levels of the practice, but only the book for the first level is widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    IIRC Mantak Chia taught 3 levels of the practice, but only the book for the first level is widely available.
    i read that somewhere to, this link has 299 pages. is the as long as the first book?

Blog Entries

This seems to be a complete edition of the first book as far as I can tell...

if you search for iron shirt chi kung, and come across one of the book stores it sells the intire set for a good price. iron shirt I II abd III

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Shirt-Kun.../dp/1594771049

Blog Entries

This kind of encourages bypassing earlier lessons by delving into later ones. IIRC earlier editions of these books contained some controversial practices, not sure if later editions do. The Amazon reviews back then when I looked at these seemed to indicate so.

I found it hard to compare any of these practices as any school of Daoist practices has its own horde of trolls associated with it that will fight about whose master is right and whose not. At least that was my experience back then. I remember visiting "Tao Bums" - a forum associated with such practices - and finding threads belittling for example NEW simply for the reason it utilizes "energy hands." A lot of big egos about back then.

In this sense the only thing I can advise is "dip your toes in." Check what feels right. If Chia feels right to you, practice as long as this feeling lasts. This is what I did and I moved on when it no longer seemed to fit. I practiced the circulations, the initial Iron Shirt exercises (but not for martial purposes) and Fusion of the Five Elements. For quite a while this was helpful, but practicing Fusion proved to be too much for me.

Whatever you practice, however, intention is key. Your intentions while practicing and the state of mind you maintain while doing so have a big impact on the outcome.