Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talisman magic recommendations

Blog Entries

Talisman magic recommendations

Hi,

I don't know if this fits into this forum but I'm looking for some recommendations for good reliable talisman magic resources so I may learn about it, as I was advised to do this.

I've Googled but I have no idea whatsoever which resources are worth reading, and a lot of it seems dodgy.

To give a better idea of what I am trying to achieve, I have a nice amulet which is made from copper and brass, and it has an Eye of Horus symbol engraved in it. I need to find out how to use this amulet to bring protective energies closer to me.

I hope that made sense.

Cheers.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

Blog Entries

Re: Talisman magic recommendations

Hi Gemma.
    I don't know a lot about talisman magic per se, but I do know about Egyptian Mythology, not the stuff that's out there, but the stuff you learn in school, because Egyptology is one of the things I studied in college.
    I'd have to look in my (very old) notes as to the meaning of symbology (hieroglyphs had more than one meaning, like ancient Hebrew; the literal (phonetic) meaning and the symbolic meaning of what the figures meant, and I know that's in there somewhere.
    As to the mythology, this is what I remember: There were quadruplets- Osiris and Seth, and Isis and Nepthys. Osiris married Isis and Seth married Nepthys. Osiris was the fertility god, and Seth was the death god, and Seth was jealous of Osiris, because he had a better job. So Seth killed Osiris and chopped up in many bits, Isis found his penis and impregnated herself with it, and she got pregnant with baby Horus.
    In this context Horus is the inheritor of the power, of both life and death, and is symbolically the 'cosmic child'. Many black madonnas are actually statues of Isis and baby Horus.
    When I find my notes I can get more information, and possibly correct any inaccuracies I might have put up there.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Just a little weird input here. A "talisman" is to DRAW something to you, so, you might might have a talisman to draw luck, money, romantic interests, angelic guidance, some specific thing you need/want, etc. An "amulet" is to REPEL something from you, so amulets are for protection of various sorts (they can be general or specific, depending on the talisman).

Some objects or materials are considered to be more naturally aligned with some purposes. For example, amethyst has a reputation for being protective, and so amulets are often made with it. Other stones have different reputed properties.

Also the shape/design of objects may make them more aligned with a specific purpose. The "all seeing eye" is a symbol that goes back millenia and is strongly associated with protection. It takes various forms, including the Eye of Horus, Eye of Providence, Shiva Eye, etc. Other ancient symbols include the Tree of Life and the Hand of Fatima (just off the top of my head; there are lots of these). Holy symbols (such as a cross) are often used as amulets. Other symbols might include things like a four-leaf clover or similar. Really, though, any object can serve as an amulet or a talisman. People often like to use jewellery because it's easily wearable and can be very discreet.

My experience of talismans and amulets is that they and do work, but I'm to the point now where I understand HOW they work, and I know it's based in my own worldview, beliefs, etc., and the object just serves as a focus for that. However, there's nothing wrong with that sort of focus! It's like any sort of ritual or belief-based result: the energy you put into it is what makes it happen, what makes it work. As an aid to changing your reality, a talisman or amulet (or many; I've got a very big collection of them!) can be very, very useful.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the replies. But still, I don't know how to use the amulet to protect me at night from this low-level demon. Very little of Robert's countermeasures work well enough, even though I sleep earthed, I've had mega salt baths, I've slept with sea salt and water in several hot water bottles, I've tried rare earth magnets, crystals, sulphur, fumigation, and just about everything else I could think of. I've tried the LBRP using an earth pentagram, which the neg managed to get around, so I don't think this is an earth element type I'm dealing with.

To give more detail, last July I was meditating when a being came and cleared energy from me so that I may quit smoking (and I quit smoking painlessly and effortlessly a week later, as in no withdrawals, no cravings and no drama, despite the fact I'd been smoking since I was a teen, with a 2 year break). He also showed me on the back of my left hand an Eye of Horus symbol. I didn't understand it at the time, so kind of forgot about it for a while.

But last month, I was shown again the same symbol on the back of my left hand by another mystic via clairvoyance sight and communication, and he told me to figure out how to use it to protect myself against the neg at night (because spirit advised me a while ago to find a way of protecting myself at night during sleep as that's when the neg does the greatest damage). I'd all but forgotten about the experience in July, so this experience brought it back into m y focus. I emailed the same mystic, recounted things to him and his response was to learn about taliman magic. I felt inspired to buy the amulet, so I did.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

Blog Entries

In my experience the best "talismans" are stones/ crystals. Usually for me I go into nature some where and "feel" for the stones I will usually get strong tingling energy sensations similar to what is felt when a person touches you lovingly (laying on hands as its sometimes called) then I will hold and focus on the stones while doing various spiritual activities like hiking through nature, meditating, chanting, or praying

Sometimes I put the stones back in nature if I feel like I "drained" the energy out of them or can't use them anymore for some reason and then I pick out new ones usually the more isolated and beautiful the area is where you find the
    Stones the more powerful/energetic they will be also. I was just reading about these stones the other day, liga or lenga I think they were called that are supposedly only supposed to be found way up in the
    Tibetan Himalayas somewhere and have to do with Krishna. I almost bought one but didn't want to shell out the 5 dollars but I think u see my point (although I admit I didn't feel much of anything from the stones at the time)
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Blog Entries

I understand that, but I was specifically shown the Eye of Horus on the back of my left hand, and I was told to use that symbol to protect myself. Then I was advised to look at talismanic magic. I still haven't found the answer yet, but at some point it was hinted I should look into Egyptian witchcraft.

Any Egyptian witches around here willing to divulge some juicy info?

I'm sure I'll get answers at some point.

Blog Entries

For some reason this reminded me of something Aunt Clair saw on my hand years ago- something called 'Eye of Fatima' that was supposed to be protective. I never quite found out what exactly it was. I hope you have more luck with this.
    Fr. Akenu might have some input.

well, wrote three differently angled lectures. oh lordy, tmi and no doubt, unpopular opining.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    well, wrote three differently angled lectures. oh lordy, tmi and no doubt, unpopular opining.
    You know, to avoid not being received in the spirit of which you offer, perhaps you could have a thread in which you write comments that pertain to what people are talking about and then link to them. Like start your own blog and then link to them, that way people can choose to read it and nobody's feelings get hurt.
    FWIW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post

Eh?