Thread: Why the forum?

1. Why the forum?

Greetings,

I'm somewhat new to forums, and as I was wondering what to write, I wondered what people would be interested in. This led me to think about forums in general, and why people came to them, and furthermore, what the individuals here thought about their visits.

What do they hope to gain? Do they gain it? What are they tired of, and not looking for? I suppose questions can be easy, and answers can be more difficult, but of course it depends.

Anyway, I would be interested to find out a bit more about the community, and of course I'd be glad to share a bit about myself.

Anton

Blog Entries

Re: Why the forum?

Hi Anton,

Participating on this forum has been very beneficial for me, it's a great support, i learn loads, i am able to document the different aspects of my life journey, which is great to 'look back over' and get understandings, insights on and it also helps me enormously at the time of writing, to process, progress, to remain more stable and make easier my whole journey

I love it here xX x
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Hi Anton.
    Many years ago I began to have some scary experiences that did not fit into my worldview- there was much that I didn't know was possible or was not sure how to categorize it.
    So after years of quiet suffering (there was no one I could talk to, not even my spiritual advisor) I listened to an interview on Dreamland radio, and it was Robert Bruce talking about the exact thing that was happening to me.
    So at that point I listened enough to identify and name what I was going through- 'astral abduction' and though those two words I was able to name it and search more about it- and it was then that I bought various of Robert's books and eventually was led to the forums.
    I was working though the MAP program, and was overjoyed (now it was somewhere around 2005) to see that there was a subforum dedicated to the program, and I had all kinds of questions. As I progressed through the program I was able to talk to both Robert and Brian, and join in discussions about the very things that I had been experiencing.
    So when it had been a while, and I was projecting successfully, I decided to stay around and help others the way that others had helped me, having done the program(s) and it kind of went from there.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I've been on the net a really long time, by most standards. I starting using the forerunner of the web forum, Usenet, back in 1993 (and Usenet was the next stage from the old direct-modem bulletin board system). I started out posting in a special interest group (fans of a particularly comedy show and troupe of comedians), and then branched out into some other things. In the process, I met the man who is now my brother-in-law (through him, I met my now-husband). I also am still in contact with people I met on the net back in those days, people I most definitely consider friends.

After Usenet sank under the weight of unscrupulous spammers and was no longer fit as a platform for actual conversation, I moved on to web-based groups, again, mostly for special interests (graphics, photography, various other things that interest me).

I ended up in this particular forum several years ago when I was just beginning to really become truly lucid within the material world, and I had the unfortunate experience of getting involved with a group of women led by someone who was particularly unbalanced (though I didn't fully appreciate that at the time). It was a forum, a closed and private one, and I got sucked into all manner of gossipy, nasty, backstabby stuff. When I realised what was happening to me, I left the group rather abruptly, and the leader got the others to make me the target of the gossipy, nasty, backstabby stuff, which amounted to a quite profound psychic attack (they didn't know what they were doing, I'm sure of that, but I'm positive they were doing it). I didn't entirely understand what "psychic attack" even was, mind you, but somehow the phrase came to my mind and I started Googling and I ended up here, in this forum. And I've been around ever since.

I can't even begin to list the things I've gotten from this forum, but a few are: friendship, knowledge, guidance, and an outlet for thoughts and perceptions that I'm working through. I'm less talkative now about these things because I just don't have that much to work though, and I'm to a point where my reality is so fluid it's difficult to describe and not easy for other people to understand (unless they've experienced it, in which case, we don't need to talk about it), but I still find things of interest here, and occasionally I have input that can be helpful for others.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

5. Re: Why the forum?

Good day,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and personal experiences. I can see that participating in community activities brings you many positive benefits that help you on your journeys, benefits of a practical, moral, emotional kind and so on. This is, of course, entirely useful because the spiritual journey, like other journeys, can be difficult at times.

In the past, of course, people who were spiritual have always come to together, for one reason or another. The many kinds of religious and spiritual orders and traditions testify to that. Even today, there can be found small communities of serious seekers and practitioners, in quiet monasteries or at the outskirts of ordinary life. But for those for whom the tradition is not necessarily inspiring, and for whom spiritual life does not lead them into the cloister, where do people go for their spiritual community? I suppose they go online, and they try to associate with others who are like them, and share their awareness.

I think the online community can provide spiritual individuals with the support they would not necessarily find in the regular community, and as "ButterflyWoman" pointed out, those opportunities do not always bring positive results when one meets with rather negative individuals and experiences. I'm not sure that the online community can help solve all the spiritual problems people may face, but certainly it help find some of the dialogue that people need.

I get the impression that here is a rather positive community, and I wish it well. I look forward to perhaps engaging with it a little more over time.

Anton

AD's my pad & here's why : we are all (more or less) on the same wavelength.
    It's a match ; it happens when it happens and you'll know when it does -just like that

7. Re: Why the forum?

I think you've probably summed it up quite well, D C. I think communities that form from people being on the same wavelength tend to do well amongst themselves. It's when the wavelengths change, as it were, there can be difficulties. I suppose that's when people move on.

Incidentally, wouldn't it be "neat" if there was an "app" that told us our wavelength and showed us where other people were who had wavelengths harmonious with ours? Any technical geniuses out there?