Thread: Are "Sleep Paralysis" and "Focus 10" the same thing?

Question Are "Sleep Paralysis" and "Focus 10" the same thing?

2 months ago, I had a few spontaneous vibration experiences and some "Sleep Paralysis" after lucid dreams, and maybe 1 OBE which I am not sure. I have been listening to Wave I (about 30 days). I could hear my breathing and my body was deeply relaxed. However, I could still move my body. How can I deepen my state while listening to F10 tapes? Or should I move to F12 tapes?

Thanks!
    Yuan

Blog Entries

Re: Are "Sleep Paralysis" and "Focus 10" the same thing?

Lots of questions there; Hi Yuan. First of all, F10 is a state of consciousness that you experience as you are moving from awake to asleep. Sleep paralysis is technically a body state that happens when you are already asleep and are waking up. So technically, it's not the same. However, trance paralysis happens in the move from F10 to F12, because your body goes to sleep while your conscious awareness stays awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuan View Post
    2 months ago, I had a few spontaneous vibration experiences and some "Sleep Paralysis" after lucid dreams,
    This is Sleep paralysis, not F10 or F12. You can convert it to an OBE if you wake up and go down again, because it forces your brain to go to alpha and then move on through theta, which is where F10 to F12 begins.

I have been listening to Wave I (about 30 days). I could hear my breathing and my body was deeply relaxed. However, I could still move my body. How can I deepen my state while listening to F10 tapes? Or should I move to F12 tapes?
    I can't give you a guideline, because everyone is different; I would tell you to add time to your session, and see how it is, but if you are very aware of what your are perceiving when listening to the F10 tapes, and are comfortable with the state (could recognize it if you were in it even without the binaurals) then maybe it's time to move on to the F12 tapes.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I sometimes wonder and have to question the ... eh.... 'philosophy' behind obe. My last obe I perceived to have I felt the paralysis and forced myself out of it after having a bad vision and a strong pulling sensation on my root chakra. I fell back asleep for approximately a few minutes and "flew" putiside through the wall to the street down below (I was on the sixth floor of a skyskraper" and "felt" myself interacting with a man on the street below. Then reasoned without the slightest hint of having any paralysis. Quite frankly my experiences indicate sleep paralysis is actually psychic attack and not necessary to achieve obe but is instead what usually occurrs as a deterrent to having an obe but I don't have any proof unfortunately
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Blog Entries

Paralysis is necessary to keep the arms and legs from moving while you dream- this is biology, and when it doesn't happen is when you have people getting into trouble, like sleepwalking and other things-like the disruptions caused by certain types of medications, for example.
    If there is something external to the suffering of sleep paralysis, it would be the person waking up before the rest of the body does, and not the paralysis itself- so if a case of SP were caused by attack, I would suppose the attack is waking you up, not keeping you paralyzed.

Hi CFTraveler, Thanks for your quick response. I can't wait to move on to the F12 tapes!

Can one achieve F10/F12 etc. without laying down? In Gateway Voyage® program, participants are asked induce F10 while going out for a walk. Did you try the blowing out a shining circle? Does is work?

Blog Entries

Perhaps, but I wouldn't recommend it. I do know that some people claim to be able to project while walking (or so I've read some time ago), but I don't think it's that easy.

Blog Entries

I have tried using Hemisync while sitting up, but the effects are never the same or 'as good' as when lying down. A bit of advice here, don't head on to Focus12 before you feel totally comfortable in Focus10, or can induce Focus10 spontaneously. I have spend almost all my Hemisync time on Wave 1 - Discovery and that have been for over 7 - 8 months. Im not saying you should to but it helps knowing the state you are in before moving on. I have also found that if you skip some exercises the others that follow gets confusing and the session is easilly spoiled.

I could hear my breathing and my body was deeply relaxed. However, I could still move my body.
    I experience this every time I go into Focus10 and it seems to be natural for that state. Whats confusing is that when you dont know what to expect then you think that you will automatically go deeper and you just lay there waiting. It does'nt work, not for me at least. I have also found that it takes longer to get to that state if you spend less time with hemisync for a longer period. Its as if the mind/body forgets how to get there. In Focus12 I have found that when you feel you are expanding your mind and begin to understand the difference between Focus10 and Focus12 its important to let toughts of the physical go as it seems to hold you back alot when trying to go further.

My advice for you is to move on to Wave 2 when you feel comfortable in Focus10 and have done all the exercises on Wave 1.

PS. I tried Focus 21 yesterday. Some really really powerfull audio I can tell you. But I wont try it again untill I get through all the other stuff first.

Good Luck!

To me F 10 is an initial sleep state, but you are aware and not really asleep.

SP is when I wake up and can't move anything except for:

1. My eyes.
    2. My eyelids.

F 10 and SP are quite different IMO. In F10, I can regain feeling in my body by wiggling a toe or fingers. In SP, I'm stuck until I wake up a little more or I roll out.