Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clairvoyance versus OBE

Clairvoyance versus OBE

Hi, it's been a bit since posting on the site but I,m on a bit of a downer and could do with some of your advice.
    Since I joined I posted a few of my OBEs and they really leave you with a buzz and full of excitement at discovering
    what really lies out there . You cann't help but feel the adrenalin rush.
    Here's the problem--- I decided to join a development group to try to develop any psychic abilities (for my own benefit). I really became very needy in wanting to know my own purpose for being here, what I may be doing wrong that I could change,...etc you get the picture?
    Unfortunately, since developing this side of it my OBEs have stopped.
    I could only ever have success at the 4-6am slot as I could never relax enough through the day.
    I feel such a fraud at the group sessions as I feel I get nothing, but when I tell them that I raise energy early am and see images ie multiple white faces I,m told I should close down immediatly as I,m connecting to the spirit world and there are some not very nice people out there.
    Well, isn't that the point of it all!!!!
    I've woken up listening to a male and female singing a country and western song, another time a loud bang on the wall, when I thanked them and asked if it could be a bit quieter next time I got a door bell. When I told them that it sounded as if the batteries needed changing I got the sound of a telephone ringing.I've had the first few notes of music I play on my I phone.
    Also very vivid dreams where I'm being told near the end of the dream to pick up the telephone and twice I,ve heard a man's voice (different voices each time) speak to me. ( in the dream).
    The best of all was a lovely young mans voice speaking very softly but in a foreign language.(a bit like Polish).
    I was actually wide awake looking up at the ceiling listening to him.
    So why have my OBE,s stopped.?
    I know I want to have my cake and eat it but I really miss them.
    I woke up once just to feel that heavy sinking feeling as if I had just returned back but felt strongly that there was some kind of lovely energy just above me to the left.I felt very cozy and happy.
    This is all lovely but do you think the chance to get out on my own and explore has been taken away from me?

Blog Entries

Re: Clairvoyance versus OBE

Why should it be taken away from you?

Did you have any change of attitudes since you've joined this psychic class? Did they say other things to discourage certain types of psychic development?

What do you want to experience through OBE?

Clarvoyance and OBE's share one crucial element in common. They BOTH require raising your vibrations to move or act in the spirit world. Its possible that in working on the clarvoyance element that you are using a great deal of energy and are not left with enough supply to get OB. Try dedicating a week to OBE and a week to connecting to spirit off an on that may help. Also, you are not a fraud by NOT GETTING ANYTHING. Just stay with it. If you WANT it. it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rf396 View Post
    Clarvoyance and OBE's share one crucial element in common. They BOTH require raising your vibrations to move or act in the spirit world. Its possible that in working on the clarvoyance element that you are using a great deal of energy and are not left with enough supply to get OB. Try dedicating a week to OBE and a week to connecting to spirit off an on that may help. Also, you are not a fraud by NOT GETTING ANYTHING. Just stay with it. If you WANT it. it will happen.
    Hi. rf396 ,thanks for that. I think your probably right about the energy depletion. Even through the day I,m feeling really tired, and I,m not sleeping well at all.
    Get your point about NOT GETTING ANYTHING. I think what I should have said was that I feel that by telling the group about some of my OBE experiences( and they would all love to experience the same), and what I pick up at the moment of waking, I then feel I'm making up any visualisations when we go round class.(a bit like being a fraud)

Korpo, thanks, They encourage closing down at night. But that is my most productive time,and as for what do I hope to achieve from OBEs? Captain Kirk and the Star Ship Enterprise comes to mind. But seriously discovering what is out there can bring excitment into a fairly mundane, routine life.

Did get a bit of a shock this am. Just looking in to the blackness of the eye, just starting to drift away when I,m sure a 1" black figure shaped like a man appeared in the top right hand corner of my vision. It scared me and I felt myself jump and fully woke up.It was as if he just jumped into the scene, but then I may have imagined it and this isn't the proper section for this so I'll finish. Thanks

Blog Entries

Maybe your tiredness is related to some changes required in your energetic makeup. Such adaptations tend to take a while, and might limit your experiences also for a while. Experiences come and go, for this reason and others. Sometimes it's just the preparation for the next leap in your development.

The group's belief might not be too conducive either. You can protect yourself without shutting down, I'd say. Your attitude of exploration should help things along.

Don't mind the minor scares. Most of the time there's no reason to suspect anything coming from that.

rest assured, nothing has been taken away from you.

you said it yourself - you can't relax enough and you feel a rush about your achievements. even your style of writing suggests, that you are always in a hurry, always being on edge about something. my suggestion is that you find a way to calm yourself down before advancing with any kind of practice, be it OBEs or clairvoyance. find some kind of breathing meditation that helps with your anxiousness, and the OBEs will return.

I have to agree, that spirit worlds are indeed full of stuff that isn't nice. the trick is not to be afraid, but simply to be careful. you wouldn't dive in the river head-on if you didn't know how deep it is, the same holds true for almost every practice. one step at a time and you'll be fine

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by her crow View Post
    rest assured, nothing has been taken away from you.

you said it yourself - you can't relax enough and you feel a rush about your achievements. even your style of writing suggests, that you are always in a hurry, always being on edge about something. my suggestion is that you find a way to calm yourself down before advancing with any kind of practice, be it OBEs or clairvoyance. find some kind of breathing meditation that helps with your anxiousness, and the OBEs will return.

I have to agree, that spirit worlds are indeed full of stuff that isn't nice. the trick is not to be afraid, but simply to be careful. you wouldn't dive in the river head-on if you didn't know how deep it is, the same holds true for almost every practice. one step at a time and you'll be fine

good luck!
    T

thank you , her crow, I feel you can read me like a book.I am always in a hurry but need so much more than just this physical existence can give.
    I have a lovely family with a loving husband but after experiencing OBEs and other dimensions this topic becomes an addiction.
    I have experienced the bad elements but it's as if someone just clicks their finger and I wake up.
    I know I need PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Kirk and the Star Ship Enterprise comes to mind

Wow this is the only time I have heard it descibed this way other THAN MYSELF!!! MY biggest desire is simply to return home FULLY for a variety of reasons and when asked WHY I respond IN this fashion. I liken being HERE, to being James T Kirk awaiting a refit. The Enterprise sits in dry dock awaiting its next adventure and yet its Captain is STUCK here on Earth for one mundane reason or another. A true bummer. LOL

10. Re: Clairvoyance versus OBE

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    I have a lovely family with a loving husband but after experiencing OBEs and other dimensions this topic becomes an addiction.
    you must always try and remeber to stay with at least one foot on the ground, because your life happens here and now. every lesson you learn here, in the physical reality, is just as priceless as the ones you can learn 'out there'. stay grounded, calm and focused.

best of luck to you!