Thread: Does chocolate make your dreams violent?

AstralCody Guest

Does chocolate make your dreams violent?

I have heard of this before. I had really bad dreams last night. I could even "Feel pain" I was shot about 5 times and could feel the bullets riddle my body, and one was stuck in my neck. The pain was really bad. I actually felt it. I had alot of violent dreams last night and I don't know why. I been really positive about things and feeling well! I did eat lots of chocolate though yesterday. I heard they can cause bad dreams. Is this true?

Blog Entries

Re: Does chocolate make your dreams violent?

I haven't experienced this although different foods do have different effects it seems to me that your very belief is what caused these pains as a kind of placebo effect. Which would indicate you have very strong abilities (which unfortunately also would make you more prone to attack in my experience)
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by thedevil View Post
    I haven't experienced this although different foods do have different effects it seems to me that your very belief is what caused these pains as a kind of placebo effect. Which would indicate you have very strong abilities (which unfortunately also would make you more prone to attack in my experience)
    Especially as you've just now planted the seed of that belief.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar View Post
    Especially as you've just now planted the seed of that belief.

I did write, "in my experience" but otherwise if it isn't true then there is nothing to worry about but if it is true then I'd have to definitely be reminded that truth sets free which you might say brings to mind a Host of ideas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Blog Entries

Chocolate contains caffeine, which is a fairly strong central nervous system stimulant. Most people just can't sleep if they have too much caffeine, but it's not inconceivable that caffeine might produce unusual dreams.

That being said, I've never had that reaction to chocolate.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Maybe it depends on the length of the time span between your last ingestion of chocolate and the point in time when you fall asleep or start dreaming? Try not to eat chocolate before bed-time then. Your whole body, of course, (and esp. your brain!) needs sugar (glucose, to be accurate) but can be found in many other foods besides chocolate anyway (actually, in almost all of it).

Although it does not relate directly to nightmares, I remember Tom Campbell referring to the negative effect of sugar on any efforts of spiritual practice in general (meditation, AP, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CFo5ubfNsg

So maybe you might find it helpful. I'd say, for the time being, try out staying relatively chocolate/sugar-free in the evening and see what happens.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Can't say I ever had an effect relating to chocolate. While I have nights where I toss and turn because I imbibed too much caffeine too late in the day, I can't trace any of that to consuming too much chocolate. Unless you prefer really dark chocolate with high cocoa content, the caffeine isn't that much either. Wikipedia says a regular bar (100g) contains about a third up to sixth of a cup of coffee or third of an espresso shot.