Thread: Strange OBE

AstralCody Guest

Strange OBE

Had a strange OBE this morning!
    I was wondering if someone could fill me in on something.

I went to bed around 4 AM last night which is normal for me. I got up at 11:00 am. Went to go do some laundry and set my alarm for when it finishes and decided to rest until the next load was ready. I found myself in a dream which was pretty clear compared to most of them I had. I was at this creek with somebody I knew in the dream and my leg got stuck between two rocks but I can't recall much more.

I found myself I think half in my physical and half in dream mode. I felt the warm wave of energy come over me and the falling sensation. Rolled out of my body and found myself walking in my room. I was aware enough at this point, I knew I had done it.

Things were alot slower though... I have had OBE's that were alot more real. I saw my video games on my desk which were a bit different in position, and I saw more on my computer, which wasn't even turned on when I got back up. But it was in the OBE. I asked if any of my guides were around... I got no answer. I seemed to be by myself. I looked out at the city and wanted to go visit my friend. But I remember Robert Bruce saying to make them quick! I'm glad I remembered that. I found myself back in my body feeling of LOTS of energy around me.

While I was in an OBE, I felt the need to breathe... and I could feel myself breathing. Exactly like in the physical. I couldn't breathe through my nose, but I HAD to breathe through my mouth. I even held my breath at one point and felt the need to breathe. My only conclusion from this... Was I kinda in a half OBE and still had some feelings of my physical? Also during the OBE I checked to see if my physical body was in bed and I couldn't see it. Just an empty bed.

What do you think happened here?

Thanks everyone. Hope you're well.
    -Cody

Blog Entries

Re: Strange OBE

Hello, Cody.

Nice one.

The reality fluctuations (variations of what was going in your room) and the fact you didn't see yourself in the bed could indicate a simulation in the astral for learning to OBE according to author Kurt Leland. Another hint to this could be the tiny variance with your computer - computer games and simulations have a lot in common in that what you can do is limited by the setup, and both try to (re)create a reality for specific purposes, and you need to develop skills to move through them.

Such inconsistencies can provide important clues about what is going on. Some simulations are about spotting such differences and sharpen your perception of nonphysical reality, others are for immersing yourself in this experience, learning more about the energy bodies and their senses. I guess this one was of that kind.

I don't know about the breathing. Maybe a subconscious thing?

Hallo AstralCody
    The physical body exerts a very strong pull on the astral/ethereal body during an OBE. Usually it is a good idea to get at least 20 feet away from the physical body when out of body. So it could well be that your physical body was responsible for the apparent slow motion nature of the OBE and also for the distorted astral senses that you experienced.

Hope this helps
    Grey

AstralCody Guest

Thank you Korpo and Grey.