Thread: Has anyone had this experience? Weird first (four?) projection(s)

Has anyone had this experience? Weird first (four?) projection(s)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, so hello! Lately I have been working towards attempting an OBE. I do NEW as often as possible and have been learning to go into a trance but hadn't seriously attempted an exit yet. I have had spontaneous projections a few different times when I was growing up, always attempting immediately after I returned to my body (usually after 10-20 seconds, but up to a minute once) to get back up to floating up in the top corner by the ceiling in my room watching myself, but I was never able to produce a conscious projection in these moments. Needless to say, when I found Robert's book Astral Dynamics I was ecstatic to find practical instructions on how to get there! I just hadn't tried yet because I wanted to make sure my energy body was built up enough, and I still do not think I am there.

However, today for some reason I just got a kind of premonition that the somewhat drowsed state I was in was probably producing theta waves, so that very instant (thinking the thought may have come from my higher self) I relaxed completely and went into as deep of a trance as I could right there on my chair outside. After a couple minutes I could feel boundless energy and light making my energy body overflow and burst with a warm sensation.

At this point I began doing the rope technique, and within ten to twenty seconds I felt the vibration state for the first time in my life. I almost got too excited here and lost it but am so glad I was able to hang on and keep doing the technique because what happened next blew my mind. I believe I had four actual exits/projections (and very quick re-entries) within the span of about thirty seconds. Is this possible, being my first conscious attempt at projection? I'll tell you how it went down so you can hopefully shed some light for me on what exactly might have occurred (I think you are the only person on this planet or in this particular dimension that could).

First, my awareness lifted out of my body through my chest it felt like and I proceeded to bounce back and forth from one side of my body to the other: up and down over both ears then back down to the ground, which I don't think I was trying to do necessarily. When this happened, I had stopped feeling the vibrations. Within a few seconds, though, I bounced right back up into my brain and was again in my body, feeling the vibrations as strongly as I was before I first left. I immediately went back to doing the rope technique and quickly projected again. This second time, however, my awareness sort of "fell" out of the right side of my head (I don't know any other way to describe the feeling). I couldn't do anything but sort of float to the ground slower and softer than a feather, only continually move my gaze upwards to watch my body as I fell. As I was softly landing on the ground, as quickly as I had just exited, I was pulled up quickly back into my body again and again felt the vibrations. The third exit was almost exactly like the first, just a little bit longer I believe. The fourth time found me exiting out of the back of my head and slowly backing up while looking at the back of my head. Then, all of a sudden, I had a similar "fall" to the second exit, watching my shoulders turn into the chair as I did not think about turning my gaze upward this time, and landing softly in the rocks behind the chair I was sitting in. Then, again like the second time, I was fairly quickly pulled back into my body. It was only after finishing this fourth projection that all of what had just occurred downloaded and became available to my earthly memory. Once I realized what had happened, I got very excited and fixated on it, which caused the vibrations I was still having to fade away. However, I was left with the same warm, overflowing sensations that I started with for a few minutes, and I felt like a lock on my chest had been opened.

Sorry for the somewhat long exposition, I was not sure how to ask my question in any shorter form. My question to you is: has anyone had a similar experience (keep in mind this was my first conscious OBE)? Do you think it's possible that I really had four projections on my first true attempt? Finally, do you think my inability to really control my awareness once I exited stems from not building up my energy body sufficiently? Any suggestions you can give me on what might have happened and/or where to go from here would be immeasurably appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and help!

Blog Entries

Re: Has anyone had this experience? Weird first (four?) projection(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatjosie
    Sorry for the somewhat long exposition, I was not sure how to ask my question in any shorter form. My question to you is: has anyone had a similar experience (keep in mind this was my first conscious OBE)? Do you think it's possible that I really had four projections on my first true attempt? Finally, do you think my inability to really control my awareness once I exited stems from not building up my energy body sufficiently? Any suggestions you can give me on what might have happened and/or where to go from here would be immeasurably appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and help!
    Hi Josie.
    I do think you did exit all those times, even if it was the first time. I think the difficulty only stems from your lack of experience- because experience is the best way to get through obstacles (such as awareness and navigation), so I'd say you did very well.
    I'd also say that the reason that you did exit multiple times is because you had been building up all this energy with NEW, and may find that the next time you get out you may have a less dramatic time of it.
    The OBE R & D subforum has lots of techniques to try when you need alternatives and new things; but I reiterate you're doing well.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Has anyone had this experience? Weird first (four?) projection(s)

Hey CFTraveler,
    Thanks for your reply! It makes a lot of sense of it for me. I probably was ready to try it for quite a while and just started setting myself up for a pretty crazy experience it sounds like. It's also comforting to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong to cause my extreme inability to navigate. I think part of the reason I kept getting pulled back in was because I was really confused by what the cause of my problem with movement and probably just thought subconsciously "well I'll just give it another try" lol. It would definitely be nice if it is a little less dramatic next time so that I can try and focus on locomotion, but it was still an amazing experience even feeling a bit deficient in the RTZ. Probably work on more loosening too in order to facilitate as smooth of a transition as possible. Anyways, thanks again for your advice and encouragement!