Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: newbies: what's flying like for you?

Fliesatnite Guest
    Hm, good theory but in the first first dreams I remember from childhood I lifted always off from the balcony of my parents. Superman style. I still have those - and also Superman style from other places. The vehicle dreams only came later during aduldhood. I also have dreams where I MAKE these vehicles fly - like a car that is usually not able to. These dreams are usually all non-lucid, thought, when I am lucid I try to use a broomstick (Harry Potter, anyone?)
    Perhaps when you were younger you had less inhibitions, less fear and it was just simply fun... hence the 'superman' style of flying. I still tend to think that its imagery your subconscious devises for the acceptance of flying.

But, if these dreams are non-lucid then, (this is strictly my humble opinion), vehicles in dreams are significant due to the relationship of control. Say if you were a passenger in the car, or in the back seat of the car, or in your case making the car fly. Each position represents your thoughts and feelings about a particular situation in your waking state.

If you are in the back or passenger seat and someone else is driving.. you are not in control, or don't feel as though you have control of the situation. If you are driving or making the car fly then it falls within you. It's all about perspective of control.

Does that make any sense?

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliesatnite
    I still tend to think that its imagery your subconscious devises for the acceptance of flying.
    Possible

A car, though?

But, if these dreams are non-lucid then, (this is strictly my humble opinion), vehicles in dreams are significant due to the relationship of control. Say if you were a passenger in the car, or in the back seat of the car, or in your case making the car fly. Each position represents your thoughts and feelings about a particular situation in your waking state.

If you are in the back or passenger seat and someone else is driving.. you are not in control, or don't feel as though you have control of the situation. If you are driving or making the car fly then it falls within you. It's all about perspective of control.

Does that make any sense?
    Yes. So far, in all my dreams it is me driving. Even the helicopters and other vehicles I do not know how to drive/fly in wake.

Seem my subconscious has a different opinion of me being in control than I do. lol. Then again, I tend to be rather happy with my life (though it could really exclude all the colds and flues - but you can't have everything I guess )

Thank you

casp911 Guest

teaching

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    And sometimes I take people with me - trying to teach them to fly.
    Cool I have done that too, however most of the times, I end up showing off ("I'll let you in on a secret...look at this!" lol.

bronwyn Guest
    Hi,

My latest flying dream was about a friend taking me into a helicopter. We definitely were sitting inside a vehicle that moved like a helicopter, but once we were way up there in the air (which seemed like a different universe because the buildings were way too tall to be from this earth, and they had beautiful turquoise lights on the top of the buildings)...I wondered who was driving the helicopter. I could see there was a driver that was neither me nor my friend, but the driver was invisible (yet very much there)...

so, in my mind I asked, "who is the driver?", and the answer that came to my mind was that the driver was called "the Spirit of God".

How interesting. I never had a flying dream/experience like that. Also, the driver was having fun by making us spin in a big huge semi circle way....

all energy of love was being felt....

but the love felt better, much better, than the love that humans can give.

It will be an experience I hope to never forget.

peace, blessings...