Thread: Careers and Spirituality

AstralCody Guest

Careers and Spirituality

Hey Robert.

I hope all is well for you.

I had a question regarding careers and spirituality. Kind of a different kind of question...

Let's say for example you were a fireman, or a policeman, or a paramedic. Those are very high stress jobs... Do you think jobs that involve stress like that have an impact on spirituality? What if you were a very spiritual person and astral projected etc. Could you hold a job like that and still evolve spiritually with seeing all of the stuff those kind of jobs deal with? Since I was little I always wanted to be a cop. I am not going to go that route though I don't believe because I am a very gentle person and I can see myself more as a paramedic. (Once I get my anxiety under control) Will choosing careers like this make it harder for me to project?

What if I don't let the stress get to me? I used to volunteer for a fire dept (Still do sometimes) and I have seen things I wish I hadn't. After becoming very spiritual though I have a different view on this. I really don't think any of those careers would effect my spiritual progress but I wanted to ask you to hear your opinion.

Thanks a bunch Robert.
    -Cody

Re: Careers and Spirituality

I know people in these occupations that are very spiritual, and also astral projectors. It is clearly not the profession, but the type of person involved.

Stress is a two edged sword. It can actually make projection easier, if you train yourself to deeply relax physically and mentally.

There is a syndrome in the army that has been widely reported, where combat soldiers find they are floating out of their bodies and etc. We know this is OBE, but the military think it is a mental disorder phenomena. So it can be said that high stress can promote spontaneous OBE.

If you can't achieve this working on your own, I suggest you seek out a Vipassana near you (Buddhist Boot camp for meditation) They are all over the world and it is quite inexpensive.

Btw, if you are anxious, you might like to try the herb, St John's Wort. This is a natural relaxant and anti depressant. It is very effective with no side effects. But it will react with certain prescription drugs, so don't forget to tell your doctor.

robert

AstralCody Guest

Re: Careers and Spirituality

Much appreciated Robert I will look into the St John's Wort. I am going to check with my doctor first.

Hope you're well!