Thread: Quick question on an OBE I had a while back.

AstralCody Guest

Quick question on an OBE I had a while back.

I laid down once, (I had extreme tiredness) to the point to where I couldn't walk right. I had just woken up, my grandma called me on the intercom and I had to hop out of bed to answer her. She said we were gonna go to dinner in ten mins so be ready. I was ready but I hit the the bed for about 5 more minutes... Well right when I laid down, I am talking 3 seconds, if that. I had the strongest energy sensations I have felt and I was immediately in a fully conscious OBE. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

This took 3 seconds to get out. It was my most real OBE I have had. (verification that still amazes me to this day as well)

How come this OBE happened so fast? Compared to now where it usually takes an hour before I can get out IF I do. It was amazing how fast I popped out. I literally laid down... thought.. can't wait for dinner... and then BAM. Falling sensation, buzzing, and I felt my energy body rise above me and I just rolled onto the carpet. Even when I was out of my body I thought (Holy crap that was quick....) Smiled... and went on with the OBE.

Can someone explain why it happened so fast, and maybe how I can have that happen more often?

Thanks everyone.
    -Cody

Re: Quick question on an OBE I had a while back.

Extreme tiredness is a powerful OBE potentiator. The urge for sleep often results in the body falling asleep while the mind is not quite there yet, hence mind awake/body asleep. Shamans would often practice sleep deprivation in preparation for journeys and vision quests, especially in cultures where psychedelic plants weren't available.

By thinking about dinner, you placed your awareness in a location other than your physical body. This is called the Target Technique, and William Buhlmann advocates it in his books and on his website.

How can you make it happen more often? Well, it appears that the Target Technique works for you. You can read about it at this link:

http://www.astralinfo.org/obemethods.htm

You may practice it with the intent to have a conscious OBE, or you could even do it as you fall asleep for the night and hope for a spontaneous OBE when your REM cycle starts.

Now that you have this experience, you can remember what it felt like right before the energy sensations started, or even during them. Have you ever thought about a time where you hit the snooze button and went back to sleep? And did it make you feel a little sleepy?

Remembering the feeling can often result in re-experiencing it. Try to recapture that golden "just before OBE" feeling and make it yours.
    Last edited by dreaming90; 29th May 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more info

AstralCody Guest

Re: Quick question on an OBE I had a while back.

Dreaming that was a wonderful reply and basically told me everything I need to know. Thank you so much.

PS: I did once keep hitting my snooze button. Like 5 times. I then got falling sensations and a voice really loudly said "Okay you can get up now." Scared me to death at the time because I didn't know what OBE's or any of this was at the time.