Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Enlightenment (copied from Ask Robert)

Re: Enlightment

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Please do let us know if you recall the name. The "shining void" is a very appropriate description for this experience I had.
    I remember the experience being referenced in the Zen Buddhism chapter of Charles Tart's "Transpersonal Psychologies" textbook. That's about all I remember at the moment.

Well this experience occurred in 2007, I'm not sure it can be brought back from that long ago ? But then again, what is 'time' anyway. I suppose I will get on to meditation at some point. I will be ordering some of Bruce's work (books) soon.
    Time is an illusion, there's no rush.

Can you explain the last sentence in a bit more detail if possible ? I'm quite new at this. Thank you for your opinion as well.
    I believe that one's Higher Self sends little "nudges" like this from time to time. Actually, come to think of it, I think someone in Buhlman's second book had an experience with their Higher Self similar to yours... "The Secret of the Soul" is the name of the book.

Blog Entries

Re: Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What entity is this "Awareness" exactly ? I think I get your point but I'm not sure.
    It's not an entity. It's Everything.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Re: Enlightenment (copied from Ask Robert)

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    No problem, you were just answering piecemeal.
    For the record, I don't think it's transferable, at least not 'in the flesh'. Idk however if it's possible to do so in the nonphysical- what people sometimes call 'initiatory experiences', but I get the feeling this is something beyond my ken.
    The most I can do is nod knowingly when someone recounts the immensity of their experiences, and try to re-grasp my own, which have faded considerably.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming90 View Post
    I remember the experience being referenced in the Zen Buddhism chapter of Charles Tart's "Transpersonal Psychologies" textbook. That's about all I remember at the moment.

Time is an illusion, there's no rush.

I believe that one's Higher Self sends little "nudges" like this from time to time. Actually, come to think of it, I think someone in Buhlman's second book had an experience with their Higher Self similar to yours... "The Secret of the Soul" is the name of the book.
    Agreed as well, unfortunately our system in the West is constantly focused on time.

Your reply also answered a future question I had; if anyone was familiar with William Buhlman's work.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    It's not an entity. It's Everything.
    Confirms my thoughts .

Thanks all for your reply !

IMO the western(linear, the future, the past, details and categorizations of the present, calculation, autonomy, i am, "the ego") system is one part of two dominant ways of being. The other being is holistic, present, information is experienced as sensual energy, one-ness with the universe and family orientation( we are all brothers and sisters ).

It is true we spend a whole lot more time in the "western" modality but i don't think it is a good idea to antagonize or label this way of being as something that should be vilified or treated as the source of suffering or misunderstanding.Condemning this way of being enables it.

I think that we are both.I am the linear, time focused, American male, Heliac from astral dynamic , "western" mode. I am also the whole everything, connected to everyone, there is no difference between me and the floor i am sitting on and everything else in my surroundings. When the whole everything is experienced more and more it starts to become apparent that the two ways of being are choice driven and that you can step in and out of both because you are both, even though the two beings contradict themselves.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by heliac View Post
    When the whole everything is experienced more and more it starts to become apparent that the two ways of being are choice driven and that you can step in and out of both because you are both, even though the two beings contradict themselves.
    Thanks for your reply and well said !

Don't you think however that some people will make the choice to stay in only one way of being ? I find myself stepping in and out at times, but I'm more focused on the 'Western' view.

Which is of course logical cause we're all (or most) raised this way. How easy or hard would it be to change completely, or to step in and out easily ? After all, it's quite a shift from one way to the other.

But yeah, I agree that we all have this in us, I suppose you can compare it with the fact that we all have some evil and some good in us, right ?

Cheers !

Hi Barry,

Sure, i think people make the choice at every given moment. Although personally i like the idea of balance between the two, that is what is working for me at the moment. I love my "western" life just as much as i do love being in the connected to all.

I bet it is a lot easier than you may think. Meditation can help, a little bit through out the day rather than one extended sitting may work for you.

Yea i guess you could compare it to evil and good, but not really if you mean the western life is evil and the all everything is good. When we start talking about good and evil, morality will end up being the main point of the discussion. I guess that is a side bar. But if you are curious at all about that i think there are deeds that are not morally good/evil relative to individuals or culture.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Heliac,

Thanks for your insights. I sometimes have enough of this Western 'world' and just want to sit and relax, do absolutely nothing but meditate.

That's quite strange for me to say though, I actually never meditated. Well I have relaxed of course with some stunning, powerful and calming music, so I guess that's close to meditation.

And yes, but what is morality at all ? In each culture it differs. What is good. What is evil. Who made up those terms ? Who made the 'rules' of what good and what evil is ?

There's a saying in my language, which roughly translates to: one man dieing, is another job for the undertaker. So I guess it's pretty broad.

Balance seems to be the keyword here. It's all about balance . Thanks for your reflections.

Hi Barry

I hear ya it can be nice to take a break and just rest sometimes.

I agree music is great for calming down and allowing your body to feel rhythms and enjoy yourself.

I think that you are the ultimate judge for what you consider to be right or wrong, but you can't survive as a single human being so standards in morality, the'rules' are set as a group. You can see variance in the standards on morality within societies and individuals but i believe there are universal standards that can be accepted.

For example, slavery. I believe at any point in time regardless of what any society or individual or doctrine says that owning another human being against their will is immoral.

heliac, I fully agree with you, thanks for your reply !
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
    -
    W. B. Yeats

When reading Secret of the Soul (by Buhlman), I crossed a statement I could relate with. A lot.

[...]
    When the motion slowed, I asked for clarity and was overwhelmed by the absolute energy I felt within and around me. I could see 360 degrees of an infinite light, and yet it wasn't the psychical me that was experiencing this. It was as though I suddenly knew everything about everything and was totally in a peaceful, loving place. When I came back to my physical body, I knew that my life would never be the same.

Just wanted to share .
    Last edited by Barry; 28th August 2012 at 05:03 PM.
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
    -
    W. B. Yeats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2