Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My book wishlist

Re: My book wishlist

I had a small question in regards to the books I ordered. Which one do you recommend I'd read first ?

Of course I'll read AD before MAP, but should I read Secrets of the Soul before or after Bruce's books ? What do you recommend ?

Blog Entries

I read one of Buhlman's books (don't know if it was that one) and it was great, but it didn't offer techniques. So I would start with MAP, and in the part where you are encouraged to read OBE related books (it's part of the program), I'd then read that one.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks !

Didn't want to bump this topic, but my books arrived ! A few weeks earlier than expected !

Do you recommend reading MAP before Astral Dynamics ?

Thanks,

Blog Entries

Depends. If you're going to do the program, start with MAP and then supplement with AD (MAP gives you reading assignments, you can use AD for it)- but if you're just looking for information, then read AD first.

Blog Entries

After you have read what you'r already considering (which are exelent choises) I strongly recommend the following:

Ultimate Journey - Robert Monroe. Its just such an inspiring book. Great respect to Robert Monroe. More casual reading and inspiration and not filled with exercises.
    The Multidimensional Human - Kurt Leland. A very good bok which complements for instance MAP perfectly, especially for beginners in AP. Leland approaches the training to have OBE's differently from other writers.

I have currently ordered a book about lucid dreaming and also the famous Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity Of The Soul.
    I have read so much praise of the Seth book that I had to have it.

Other than this, Astral Dynamics is probably one of the best books I'v read since my interest in all of this took of 2 years ago. You will have much use of it and its perfect to begin with.

PS. I read Astral Dynamics before MAP as I wanted to deepen my knowledge before I tried out some exercises. You can do it in any way you want I guess, but I think CFT is right as she has WAAAY more experience than me

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I read one of Buhlman's books (don't know if it was that one) and it was great, but it didn't offer techniques. So I would start with MAP, and in the part where you are encouraged to read OBE related books (it's part of the program), I'd then read that one.
    Quick clarification... "The Secret of the Soul" has about 40 OBE techniques.

I think Buhlman's books are good introductory books to AP. Especially "Secret of the Soul." But honestly you can read your books in any order, IMO.

Blog Entries

I'm sure- I don't remember which one I read, but he said stuff like "go inward now" and things like that, but I don't remember any techs. Maybe I should dig it up and read it again, I think it was the second book I had ever read about OBE when I was starting to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming90 View Post
    Quick clarification... "The Secret of the Soul" has about 40 OBE techniques.

I think Buhlman's books are good introductory books to AP. Especially "Secret of the Soul." But honestly you can read your books in any order, IMO.
    Yes, it says so on the back as well. I agree, I can read it in any order but still I'd like to know what the "highest success rate" is, or how you may call it. Thanks dreaming90 !

Thanks CFT for the suggestion, and SiriusTraveler for the other recommended books ! I'll be sure to add these to my reading list after I finished the first three .

I'm halfway through Buhlman's book and I already feel like I learned a lot. The statements from the survey are pretty awesome to read. There's one specific statement which I could relate to from my own experience.

I'm not certain if I can post a small excerpt from it, (copyright and all) but it's just very appropriate for the experience I had.

There are techniques in the book, but I'm not there yet. In about 2 chapters I'll reach it. (starting Chapter 9 soon, almost finished the chapter with new perspectives on death and dying, VERY interesting!)

Cheers !
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
    -
    W. B. Yeats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast