Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Checkerboard Tunnel

Checkerboard Tunnel

Has anyone had a transition experience like this?

I woke up from a dream late in the morning. Instead of opening my eyes, I searched my field of vision for "something." I'm not sure why I did this, probably trying to phase. Anyway, in the upper part of my vision was a dim, gray circle. I intended that it was a magnet that would pull me out of my body. Squiggly lines came out of the circle like electricity, and they then morphed into a checkered tunnel. I saw that I was moving through the tunnel at a very fast rate towards the gray circle, though there was no sensation of movement, only a visual. A purely asomatic transition seemed to be occurring, until I wondered why I hadn't felt vibrations yet. Sure enough, they came on with that thought, though they were low-powered and lopsided.

Now, this is all very exciting. I'm still giddy over the novelty of the experience. But it was not successful, because of a major problem-- I was fully aware of my body. I even moved around a little bit. This has never happened before, and instead of relaxing into the transition, I tensed up. I blew it when my physical eyes opened-- a nasty habit that still rears its head once in a while. Sometimes I want to gouge my eyes out in frustration.

Has anyone had a transition with full body awareness?

Blog Entries

Re: Checkerboard Tunnel

Yes, that's how I have them now. For at least a year now, unfortunately.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Yes, more mind-splits lately, either physical + astral or physical + etheric body. It's more of a feeling of sending out a drone. Well, it's actually what AP / OBE is, as we never completely leave our bodies (except for death or probably NDEs). But it's hindering a bit if you focus too much on the physical body, it might abort the experience and you fade out.

No checkered tunnels so far, just cloudy ones (grey-white) or flying through dark voids.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Seems that I had a similar experience a while ago. Experienced a mind split effect to.

Good to know I'm not alone. I just need to figure out how to prevent my physical eyes from looking at the tunnel-- maybe some eye stretches before bed?

I used to have a sleep mask that I wore quite often, it helped me sleep lighter and kept my eyes from popping open.

CFT, have you tried altering the transition process to include vibrations, such as imagining vibrations all over your body? Fred talks about it in his Vigil Method, if I recall correctly

Blog Entries

No, I don't believe the vibrations are 'things' you produce, they are either brain phenomena (I think Fred has said this also) that is happening in your body as you transition, or it's a perceptual phenomenon of a vibratory difference when you move from one frequency to another- so to have vibes you have to synch to perceive them, you don't make them. (my opinion, obviously).
    I'm not that interested in the sensation perse (although I find it extremely enjoyable and different than normal waking perception) but in the transition itself- I love the tunnel effect and the colors and light, and the sensation of moving through it- like surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    No, I don't believe the vibrations are 'things' you produce, they are either brain phenomena (I think Fred has said this also) that is happening in your body as you transition, or it's a perceptual phenomenon of a vibratory difference when you move from one frequency to another
    I agree with the second theory mostly, but why does s.o. theorise on brain phenomena with this? Doesn't make sense to me at all. Not just that it's 'too materialist' in thinking, but logically it does not make sense.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Not necessarily, when you go 'out' you still process the information with your brain, that's what it's for. He and I had a conversation some time ago in which we were discussing vibration in a dreamstate experience, and he posited (and I see where this could be right) that when you are having experiences, you sometimes have dual awareness (I do, at this juncture I project with full body awareness, which presents its own problems) so the vibratory phenomena (which is how the brain works, it shifts frequency depending on what part of your consciousness you're using) could be coming from the brain.
    I'm not saying this is how it is, I'm saying it's a possibility- one which I don't reject, because in my worldview, my psyche includes my spirit, soul and body, all inclusive.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a low level Real Time Zone projection.
    Grant

Hey all,

Just popping in here, because stalking CF is one my favorite passtimes.

But yes, what CF said is basically how I view it, where energy sensations (vibrations, but visual effects as well) find their origin in the body, which arrive into your awareness or consciousness at the onset of the OBE, or even while already engaged in an OBE environment.

My contention is that they originate from the heart, which sends pressure pulses up the veins throughout the body, which eventually arrive at the brain that interprets them as energy sensations. Vibrations are a more direct representation, but once they arrive at the brain, they can also easily transform into auditory and visual phenomena (i.e. synesthesia).

All of this is sometimes difficult to imagine, but believe it or not, there are diseases of the inner ear relating to vibration where people can actually hear their own eyeballs moving, which of course, is pretty disturbing.

The model also explains why those with quadraplegia are able to experience energy sensations, which ordinary scientific theories cannot really explain (since they always insist on neural pathways for everything).

What you will experience depends primarily on what you focus on during the transition, like for example, attention directed towards (physical) body awareness tends to induce vibrations, while maintaining a purely visual focus leads to energy sensations of a visual nature.

Auditory sensations tend to fall a bit in between these attentional focuses, where attention is more directed towards the head and surrounding area.

But essentially, no matter what format it takes, in terms of its origin, you are sensing the activities in your physical body in an amplified and re-interpreted format travelling through little known pathways.

I suspect you can link it up with a lot of eastern disciplines once we know the most common pathways through which these pressure pulses travel.

A very similar idea has also been proposed by the late physicist and philosophopher Izthak Bentov.

I have not been able to quite catch up on all of his work, but he goes into a lot of detail on how this is physiologically possible. It's fascinating work from the early days of consciousness studies, which is where many of the real treasures are to be found. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itzhak_Bentov)

I suppose it's a "materialistic" explanation on some level, but as CF said, sometimes mind, body and soul do not exist as far apart as we might think.

Ashes (aka Fred)
    Last edited by Ashes; 28th June 2012 at 12:39 AM.