Thread: Piriformis Syndrome and Trapped Energy

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Piriformis Syndrome and Trapped Energy

As some of you know, I recently had a job with very stiff demands on my time. I do software stuff, so naturally I sit a lot. And this past year I sat, and sat, and sat. For days I sat staring at monitors and I had very little time to really rest and recharge.

Well, I got a gift from that experience called Piriformis Syndrome. It's where the Piriformis muscle, seated deep in the tush, shortens and strangles the sciatic nerve. The end result is intense pain all the way down my left leg. I'm about to get into physical therapy to have this looked at, and I'm stretching as much as I can to get some relief, but what's interesting here is that I now have a considerable energy block.

If I sweep energy up from my feet, it stalls out mid-torso. If I cough, wiggle, or move around some during an energy session, the pent up energy will usually break through, much like water through a dam, but this is frustrating me a bit here.

The obvious road is PT, rest, and continued practice, but why the energy is "stuck" below the waist has me a bit confused. I'm going within for answers more than ever on this stuff, but thought I'd put it out to the community as well.

Thoughts?

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Piriformis Syndrome and Trapped Energy

On the sub-navel area?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Do you practise yoga, Soulsail?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

@CFT: Can't say for sure if it's sub-naval, but I often can feel my root chakra sort of blow open...a weird sensation for sure. I think the whole of it is that I must move at some point during energy and trance work in order to let the energy come any higher than hip-level if that makes sense. It's like the energy just stays stuck down there. Also, I haven't posted much on my travels because they've been very messy, meaning I can achieve projections, but I blink out and can't remember much of anything that happens. More on this in another post.

@Beekeeper: Not much, which is not routine for me, but I know Yoga is a must for me so I'm working it back in now that I've flipped my life on a more sane end. I'm doing Pigeon pose daily to stretch out the muscles deep in the bum, but so far it's just not loosening enough, so the pain continues. All X-rays came back showing moderate sacral issues, but nothing that merits surgery or radical action. Any other advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Why don't you try programming a dream and seeing what advice it has to offer?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Good thinking. It's usually the simple stuff that evades me. I'll post back with any updates.

Soul
    Know Thyself