Thread: wonderful success

wonderful success

I've been practicing mindfullness and present moment awarness via AnaPanaSati (Breath mindfullness) to much of success. It's like the moment I bring my attention with the intent to be focused I achieve this state alomst instantly.

I know many of you don't totally agree with living in a detached state, but I find it to be the best. As a martial artist and athlete this is the Ideal state for me.

Not to mention I have a stronger desire to practice energy work.

espeically at work, which is extremely stressfull, this come into pay and nothing phases me at all.
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

Blog Entries

Re: wonderful success

Quote Originally Posted by IronGega View Post
    I've been practicing mindfullness and present moment awarness via AnaPanaSati (Breath mindfullness) to much of success. It's like the moment I bring my attention with the intent to be focused I achieve this state alomst instantly.

I know many of you don't totally agree with living in a detached state, but I find it to be the best. As a martial artist and athlete this is the Ideal state for me.

espeically at work, which is extremely stressfull, this come into pay and nothing phases me at all.
    If it works for you, it works for you. I personally don't have anything against it, I just know I couldn't do it, which is different than not agreeing with it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    If it works for you, it works for you. I personally don't have anything against it, I just know I couldn't do it, which is different than not agreeing with it.
    I just felt like stating my happiness with the success
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

Blog Entries

I'm very happy for you. In a way, I envy you.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Well done. Mindfulness, when done right, isn't exactly easy. There are many roads to it and it sounds like you've found one that works for you so keep it up.

Here's what I do when I practice Anapanasati, which I often do for one to two hours a night (and in the day when I'm mindful enough!)

1. Sit, walk, or whatever with my tongue resting gently on my palate, just behind the front teeth.
    2. Feel the air going in through my nostrils and focus there, but instead of just focusing on the sensation of the breath alone, I imagine the air having a thicker quality, almost like a silken fabric. When the fabric goes up and in, I focus on every slight sensation along its path in and out.
    3. On the exhale, I imagine my chest opening up, almost being unzipped and dumping everything out to the point where I'm simply a spool, or being flossed.
    4. While I'm doing this, I stand guard, as if behind a door, and I wait for the first thought to come through. Being watchful for that first intrusive thought has a way of intensifying mindfulness greatly. And once that thought does come, I let it in. I let it fly about like a bird, realizing I'm not the bird. I watch it and let it dissipate.
    4. I feel the fabric of breath. Every millisecond of an inhale has full attention. The texture, the quality, etc. and I'm minding that door.

Or,

I repeat the process but imagine I'm pulling water up from a well into my center, and then on the exhale I flush it all out, letting it take all the muck of my day with it.

Or,

I imagine my breath is looping like a figure eight, or the infinity symbol, and I watch its course.

No matter the style, before long I'm aware that I'm aware, and that's tough to explain. The observer observes itself. When this happens, the deep sense of "dropping" into theta happens and we're off. Later, I don't know I have a body, and my breath goes so shallow and soft I'll begin to drop into other states.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing and keep it up!

Soul
    Know Thyself

I practice mindfulness of breath and I've found it is a wonderful thing to do. Especially when I'm in that autopilot/daydreamy state that plagues so many people, when I remember to be aware of my breath I get "sucked into" the present moment. It's almost like I can physically feel the shift in consciousness.

I remember one one occasion, I had been crabby and irritated all week but had no idea why. I began to practice mindfulness and noticed, to my astonishment, that I had mild heartburn that I had never noticed before. I changed my diet and the heartburn went away. So did my grumpiness.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming90 View Post
    I remember one one occasion, I had been crabby and irritated all week but had no idea why. I began to practice mindfulness and noticed, to my astonishment, that I had mild heartburn that I had never noticed before. I changed my diet and the heartburn went away. So did my grumpiness.
    Yes, exactly!

I find that if my mood suddenly or slowly shifts to something unpleasant, and I can't make the connection as to why, all I need to do is pause and breath. Mindfulness usually surfaces memories all on its own anyway, and especially as they relate to inner states. Often I'll just sit there breathing and then I'm suddenly aware that I got stressed about a bill or something two hours previous. I didn't register the stress at the time, but some part of me was walking about in a funk because of it.

More, I don't remember most of my childhood. Whole swaths are just gone and Mindfulness faithfully brings back memories all the time, whether they are pleasant, unpleasant, or mundane.

All in all, very good for diagnosing mysterious inner states that just feel "off" without cause.

Soul
    Know Thyself

It really helps with the martial arts and so also does the martial arts help with the mindfulness, eh? May I ask what art(s) you study and practice?

Quote Originally Posted by IronGega View Post