Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I unable to feel love?

Blog Entries

Re: Am I unable to feel love?

the way you describe the Multidimensional human, it sounds like the beginners handbook to spirituality.
    I would not characterize it like that at all- I would say it's the handbook on spiritual development for those who are well established projectors.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

One of my favorite aspects about The Multidimensional Human is how the author couches Astral Projection within the much broader topic of holistic spiritual growth. How does one astral experience (part) fit within the whole? There are plenty of books on how to project but precious few on why, and even fewer that explain why personal growth on as many fronts as we're aware is critical.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Lena,

While we're on the subject of meditation, you might want to try metta bhavana (development of lovingkindness).

http://www.wildmind.org/metta

Though it might be a good idea to get a little concentration practice going before trying to develop metta.

IA56 Guest

Hi Lena, I have bean goin back and forth if I write about my experience about not feeling love or not be sure what I feel and what it is...I noticed rather early that my behaving was rehersed like a role for a play, and when I noticed this was that I did not feel anything but was good at acting, I noticed that I since very early age did feel other peoples feelings and did adobt them and did puch down my own feelings so in some point I was these other people whom feelings I had adopted and had forgotten who I am or what I really feel...so after discovering this I started the journey to my own feeling´s and I can tell it was or is not easy but today I can say I feel love even it is painful many time´s...today I can say I feel real love.
    Many years ago when sitting in therapy and my psychologist asked me...What do you think and feel, what is your oppinion IA..I did burst out in real anger and I stod up from my chaire and starting to shout and gell to her....how rude you are...DO YOU ask ME what I feel or think when I was never allowed to feel or think my own thought or express my feelings...Why do you not ask me what my mother feels/thinks or my sister??!!....So from this day I did become aware that I did not have any touch with my own feelings but others adopted feelings...So I really can relate to what you are saying Lena.
    It has bean very painful journey but beneficial and I am happy to have connection with my inner me today.
    I wish you all strength and curage to meet your self, you are a strong women and sucessful.
    All love to you!!

5. Re: Am I unable to feel love?

Thank you all for the support and relation, its made it easier for me, and gives me hope one day I may know what it feels like to be happy, its not a very good thing to only be able to feel fear, sadness and anger. As a friend reminded me though when I told her what I was going through, she told me while those may be negative emotions I am only able to really feel, at least I feel something, otherwise I'd be a psychopath as they do not feel anything at all, and that is much worse. So I know there is hope for me, but it is a difficult journey.

As to what IA56 has said, I can very much relate, since I've started observing myself I have noticed Im like a actor in a play, I go through life laughing, smiling and all that but its a role play, I do it to fit in out of habit, but its not because I feel anything. I play along to fit in, and it has me questioning just how long this has been going on for.

I will say though, I've been practicing the rise-fall Vissipania breathing exercises, as I am a beginner, and today while I was deep into it, I felt a spark of joy. It came out of nowhere and at first I barely recognized what I was feeling. It was very fleeting, but I did feel it. Is that normal? It makes me want to practice it all the time just on the chance I might feel something positive again.

Blog Entries

https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.