Got a rare chance to experiment again with rhythm napping last night. Here's some of what happened:

I’m sinking into the trance state, observing myself fall asleep. I hear panting/deep breathing (“astral” noise) and am satisfied that I’m getting closer. I’ve spent the first hour or so on my back but at some point I’ve rolled over and I’m lying perfectly still on my side.

I distinctly feel something get into bed with me, behind me. I somehow recognise it as familiar but I don’t know why. I feel it attempt to “attach” to my back and I react with an, “Oh, no you don’t” response. My feelings towards it are as towards a naughty child.

I turn over to prevent it from attaching, shoving it with my right hand. Initially, I think I’ve done this physically but it soon occurs to me that my physical body hasn’t moved at all. Now, though, I’m no longer quite in the mind-awake-body-asleep state.

I concentrate some time on protective measures but I’m surprised that I’m not really that unnerved.

The rest of the experiment is spent in dreams of varying lucidity (not as controlled as on a previous occasion) with some enjoyable flying.

Cheers