Thread: Old Hag Syndrome, Possible Hitchhiker and a Terrifying Dream

1. Exclamation Old Hag Syndrome, Possible Hitchhiker and a Terrifying Dream

I'll try to be as brief as I can, and I'll put everything in chronological order. I can't guarantee it's all related.

Some seven years ago, I had a nightmare based on the first scene in the movie The Ring, where they open the closet and find the dead body. In the dream, they opened the closet, the body was there, and there was an outrageous loud roaring sound. I woke up to the feeling of something sitting on my chest shaking my shoulders violently, making the awful sound. I stayed still, eyes closed, until it passed. Very terrifying. Weeks later, the same thing happened, but with a different nightmare preceding it.

A couple of months ago, I had an OBE where I went into the other room and it felt like something was riding on my back. It was like a deflated human, rubbery with no bones. I told it to go away and it did.

A week ago, I had a brief low-quality OBE where I felt a hand on my left shoulder at the outset, and thought it was my fiance being clingy, and then felt a hand in the same place later in the experience, and figured it was a spirit guide. I didn't connect that it was the same thing until later in the day.

This morning, I dreamed that I was in a small room speaking to who I thought was my fiance. I couldn't see her, and my left fist was resting inside of her mouth, her teeth closed gently on my knuckles. I suddenly, for some reason, said, "Hey! UFO sightings and Alien abductions don't actually have anything to do with each other!" This was apropo to nothing. I guess I tried to pull my hand out of the mouth, and it clamped down, and there was the AWFUL screaming/roaring sound, so loud it soaked into my bones. Whatever it was attacked me, and unlike when I was being shaken, I fought back hard, like I was fighting for my life. I could feel my body lying in bed simultaneously as I fought this thing in the dream room, and could hear/feel my self saying, in bed, "I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you..." over and over. The thing was wiry and strong and vicious, and its head kept changing shape, though I couldn't properly see it. I woke up feeling mild OBE vibrations, and had the thought, "I'm not initiating an OBE in this state of mind!" I was terrified. It was 4:30 am. I turned over onto my left side (somehow scared to fall asleep in the same position) and the rest of the morning was fine.

Do you think these are related? Could this dream thing be something that's hanging around me? There haven't been any manifestations outside of the sleep/obe state.

Thanks for your time. I love your work.

edit: I remember now that I didn't TELL the deflated human thing to go away, I imagined fire and burned it until it went away.
    Last edited by YummyPurpleStuff; 8th September 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Old Hag Syndrome, Possible Hitchhiker and a Terrifying Dream

I think these things are related, in that your higher self is providing powerful experiences in order to help you 'remember' your OBE and dream experiences. Without these strong experiences, you would likely have forgotten them, not downloaded them.

If these attacks were real, they would definitely be present in your awake life and not just your dream and OBE life. As they are not, experience tells me that this is related to spiritual development.

I cannot explain why such experiences are scary, but you must admit they are very effective.

robert

3. Re: Old Hag Syndrome, Possible Hitchhiker and a Terrifying Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce View Post
    If these attacks were real, they would definitely be present in your awake life and not just your dream and OBE life. As they are not, experience tells me that this is related to spiritual development.

Thank you. That made a lot of sense. I noticed that I had handled it differently the most recent time (fighting back vigorously rather than cowering) and that might be significant. I do have a way of "cowering" from problems in life, which I'm beginning to break out of.