Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
Bottom line is: Awakening happens. All on its own, with or without the input or participation of the ego-self. It's about the Self, Source, Awareness Itself, the One, the All and Nothing, God, whatever word/name you like, waking up to Itself. This "you" thing is just the vessel through which it's happening, because the "you" thing is that which is asleep, dreaming, deluded, imagining itself to be separate, etc.

Yes, the ego-self might be interested in "enlightenment" (like there could even be such a thing as an enlightened ego!), and it may do this or that to help the process along, and, who knows, those things might even facilitate the ego getting over itself enough to allow the Self to see Itself. Ego likes to think it's all doing this or that to achieve enlightenment, but that's a delusion. The game character can't do anything at all to be other than what it is. Best it can do is understand: it's only a character, an interface (but it won't understand that until it experiences something that really brings it home).

This is extremely difficult to articulate. You have to use metaphor and simile and all kinds of linguistic tricks to even begin to convey it, and it's still only a two-dimensional sketch that only communicates the very basics. It really is something that must be understood experientially, and while ego-self may catalogue the memories and perceptions (and it does; that's part of ego's function), ego-self doesn't really understand it any more than we can really understand a five-dimensional object presented in two-dimensional form. It just loses too much in translation.

Still, when all is said and done, some books, teachings, practices, and so forth can help ego-self shut up long enough to see itself for what it really is, so, hey, if it helps, you may a well read it, learn it, practice it. If nothing else, it gives ego-self something to do while Self gets on with the business of... well.... everything.

Nodding again in agreement.....but....as me have locked me in because of my experiences in childhood, it is good to un-lock for the benefit for the greater good....I know I have so much power, but I am afraid to access it, so I need help to unlock my deepest fear, I know what evil is and how difficult it is to stop, but this life is one of the lifes where I have decided to use my power for the greater good, I have several storys to tell how my evil side has bean transformed, it has bean a hard trip but the benefits is greater than staying and continuing the evil.