Thread: Mind clearing techniques

Mind clearing techniques

Anyone have anything beyond breathwork? For the last few days ive had music playing in my head nonstop, and during deep trance it quiets somewhat and sounds further away, but still there. Ive had no problems silencing the internal dialogue with breathwork.

IA56 Guest

Re: Mind clearing techniques

Try to find a total sound isoleted room to visit, so you can program your mind how it feels and sounds, then you are able to always return to this knowing and therefore can silence all kind of noices you need, but you must get the experience first how it feels and sounds....how silence sounds and feels....good luck.

Blog Entries

That's a great idea. Listening to your own earhiss is another way; you have to move beyond the other sound and go into a 'listening' state, which is different from the one you're in, and intensely focusing on your own earhiss moves it to a different 'place'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I always have the a/c running during my sessions so ill keep it off from now on and see how this works. That should make things totally silent. Thanks IA56

Thanks CFT, that really helped. It completely quieted my mind very quickly. But as i went deeper in trance and listened, i started hearing air moving or a whooshing sound. Actually i could hear ear hiss and the whooshing at the same time, and eventually it got loud enough to drown out the ear hiss. I had ear plugs in so i wasnt hearing something in the house. Any thoughts on what that might have been?

Blog Entries

That is normal, it shows you're in deep trance. You may want to look up 'astral noise' in the AD pedia or in the search bar in the forum- either will give you a better idea.
    BTW, an 'empty mind' isn't completely empty- there is a difference between thinking verbally and experiencing thought/phenomena. Most of the time you want to avoid mind chatter, but you don't necessarily want to experience anxiety due to 'not being perfectly quiet', which is counterproductive.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I found that the listening state that CFT describes here works best for me. To listen = to silence the mind, for me at least. Its like listening for a thunderclap that's about to happen, or to a drop that is going to hit a surface. In this in between state there is silence. I find that there is a bit tension though, but Robert writes that this tension will disapear with practice and it will become easier to hold an the state of silence.
    I guess its the same as daydreaming to me to, as there are no words present. But even while listening to the earhiss I get breaks in concentration, it takes practice for me. Much practice.
    Last edited by SiriusTraveler; 1st October 2012 at 08:58 AM.