I used to do past life regression fairly regularly, using active imagination and remote viewing. Every new piece of information I received was a little overwhelming. I felt like an amnesia patient who was gradually piecing together the life they once led. I feel this is ultimately why I took a hiatus-- the emotions, memories, and not-so-pleasant deaths just got to be too much.

But yesterday, I decided to head down this particular rabbit hole once more. I used affirmations before each "life" to reduce any confusion or lack of clarity as far as intent goes.

First affirmation: "I wish to view a past life that in some way influences my current physical life."

Result: Impression of "structured fields," large stone structures around the fields. It looked very similar to Incan cities such as Machu Picchu, but I also got the impression of Japan. Rice patties perhaps?

Second affirmation: "I wish to view a past life that is virtutally meaningless; that has little or no importance to my overall development." (I did this one out of curiosity)

Result: Dark-skinned infant laying in a crib or cot of some kind, inside a dirt hut, barren cloudy land outside, being pecked to death by a giant bird's beak that turned into a knife. Lovely...

Once upon a time, I never worried too much about verification. I am well aware that distortions in perception and interpretation can render verification difficult, and there aren't very many libraries in my area where I could hope to do proper research.

The other day, however, I used the following affirmation: "I wish to view a past life that can be easily verified by wiki or google based research." I was very firm with my intent.

Result: Man in colonial-style uniform holding a sword on a ship at sea, "Captain McMelon."

A name, finally!

In the spirit of a true scholar, I searched for "captain mcmellon" on Wikipedia. Sure enough, here's Elias McMellen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elias_McMellen

Interesting... So, obviously, there are some discrepancies. Elias served in the Union army during the civil war period, not on a ship in the colonial era. Still, distortions in perception are common in this sort of thing, so I can't really rule the whole thing out just yet. I have always had a strong interestin the American Civil War, though this doesn't necessarily mean I have a past life connection to it. Something to ponder.