Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raising a child to maintain their OBE activities

Yoda Guest
    There is something to Chris' original posting. I remember when I was a child I used to experience the exact same thing - a sense of "floating" over areas that I knew in my town, but over certain objects (bushes, etc) so I never thought it was dreaming (as surely this would stick to roads, paths, etc - the way I've traversed these routes in the past). It's been some time since I've experienced (or remember) such activity, but I do remember there being a specific action I did throughout... I have a permanent light ringing in my ears (I've always wondered if everyone has it, or whether it's just mild tinnitus - but it hasn't negatively affected my hearing) that I can make very loud by setting my jaw a certain way or doing the childhood "move your ears back and forth" thing, but keeping them back.

Reading the above it looks very weird, but this is exactly what I did - either using the jaw or the ears to increase the ringing - to maintain my nocturnal childhood flotations. Does this sounds familiar to anyone, or shall I save time and call the men in white myself?

I have also had such an experience in my adult life, though I neglected to write it down so have lost the detail forever. Suffice to say it was about 10 years ago, and after I'd pretty much finished uni. Which came as a surprise to me - doing science/engineering should have battered away all remnants of activity in the other half of my brain.

In addition, I have had a conscious OBE without the above "framework" (replacing it with one of Robert's), so it does make me wonder if they're the same thing and whether one is a more natural or evolved form of the other. Either way, I'm sure that if I'd thought to have mentioned this as a child to my mother, then she would have likely encouraged it further. My point being that it just seemed like one of the many "oh, so that's normal" parts of being a child. What certain people see when they close their eyes is another of those things, too.

Matt

Chris Guest
    Thanks for all the interesting replies.
    My reason for posting this topic is that I also had a lot of OBE type experiences as a child. But as I got older these experiences were almost forgotten, and I only understood what they were when I started to taken a renewed interest in AP/OBE.
    I remember that I used to feel great excitement at the prospect of going to sleep (due to what I would experience). Also, in childhood my visualisation skills were immense. I could literally lie in bed with my eyes open and create scenes as vividly as if I was really seeing them. Somewhere during my adolescence this ability has diminished greatly. I believe I still have the ability to do this; I've just got to find out how

Bali Bob Guest
    I also use to fly in my dreams as a child. I know when I was younger I culd fly at will but as I got older I had to really focus if I wanted to fly. I can remember being in the air and slowly coming to the ground, like I had run out of mental juice to keep me up there. I too have only recently returned to thinking about these topics and feel I have to re-learn things I once new.

oath Guest
    u know i have that ringing in my ears too but usually ignore it. never really gave it much thought i guess. i thought everyone had it. i read something about meditation and concentrating on this ringing i believe (at least im assuming this is the sound they were talking about)

Blog Entries

Raising a Child to Maintain their OBE activities

I projected quite easily as a child and one experience was so spectacular that I told my mother about it (I was around 7 years old at the time) and she seemed interested, and I believe that that helped me continue to have these experiences and to be able to separate them from lucid dreams, etc. I haven't projected in a while (reasons in another section of the Forum) but have noticed my 8 year old son, starting to have "flying dreams", some fun & some scary. Since I do not want to influence him as to what these experiences are, I have supported him when he tells me of the fun ones, and have counseled him to "remember" that when something is scary, he can change the content of the dream, and even make himself wake up. He has reported having been able to do this, and I don't press the issue. This has seemed to even stop his nightmares (or helped him navigate them if they were a phase of growth.) The church we attend is a Metaphysical Christian church, and he already knows how to meditate (or as much as an 8-year old boy can), so I believe he will probably be projecting soon or already has. I do believe that children do this naturally, but something happens at puberty, in my case I became more externally focused, (boys, etc.) as it happens to everyone (possibly), and of course, would have been embarrassed to let on about a lot of the adventures I had, so I kept them to myself, and only told my mom the most basic of them. I do believe we all do this as children, and if supported, can continue for the rest of our lives.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.