Thread: Copy: The traditional way of kundalini triggering

Question Copy: The traditional way of kundalini triggering

In recent years, scholars such as Dr. Mallinson, have translated some texts which explain the traditional way of kundalini triggering.

Basically the method is mulabandha, uddiyāna bandha, breath retention and kechari mudra.

With the exception of kechari mudra, the method is more or less the same in Vajrayana, as explained by a Sakya Loppon.

So, in your opinion, has the true method of triggering kundalini been lost in the Eastern traditions?

Blog Entries

Re: Copy: The traditional way of kundalini triggering

I want to say that both mulabandha and uddiyāna bandha are incorporated into Kundalini Yoga. Kechari is often difficult for most people to do, but it is also incorporated into the first part of the routines.
    Check out what I call "Sat Crea" (my spelling, probably wrong), and most of the exercises use both techniques as part of most of the routines.
    BTW, even though K Yoga is often advertised as a way of triggering a K rising, but I do it to prepare for the eventuality, just in case.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Copy: The traditional way of kundalini triggering

In Kundalini Tantra the Sri Swami Satyananda Sarwasti clearly says that bandhas and specially the lower abdominal locks are a way of building up muscle for contraction-work and such work best slowly when one has learned how to rotate the gut inwards as a means of propulsion.
    To that effect i practice all of the bandhas sooner , after or in itself with the breath of fire for maximum effect.

Kehchri Mudra has significance in the west as completion of the optic and buccal plexus but as such i rarely see it being denoted in the more classical texts for same effect , unless one is working the entire tongue and the oral plexus in my limited knowledge it won't be getting on about much in terms of success.... and again as a singluar exercize it falls shot of desired outcome (at least so for me).

Vajrayana , Tantrayana and exercises focusing particularly on the Diamond Vehicle ; don't translate particularly for the western reader and again tend to become esoteric in their terminology specially when it ultimately it boils down to the lower chakric red bhodicitta and the upper white ones.Also exists a matter of a concise script written in a manner of a manual for the modern practitioner minus the hyberbole. The great swami satyananda sarswati granted us all a major miracle in terms of a working manual with "Kundalini Tantra" - it's the absolute Kundalini Triggering Bible imo - my copy is highlighted so much the pages have crimped.

I think an overall eclectically chosen routine works best , i encorporate some of the lesser practiced asnas like the moorcha pranayamas , the vajorali and the yoni mudras ,and the shanmukhi seven gate closure and find them to be very effective.

But it's like what C above says there always a singular vehement emphasis on ground work like shushumana clearing along with all of the Sat Krias "lest the eventuality might arise"

Anything ahead of it's time is more or less likely to result in nothing or is like undoing a sluice gate and then saying "i dont think i have a dam to sustain all this flow in actually"