I remember quite a few experiences from my childhood that I'm convinced were OBEs. Like you, I seem to have trouble with the continued focus necessary to keep at it; I flit from thing to thing and only seem to be able to keep focus on things that I already have practice in keeping focus on, which is mostly learning physical things. Practicing a musical instrument (I play about ten well now) is a meditative, pleasant practice for me and I can forecast progress and meet my own goals. Unlike trying to become more adept at OBE, at which I'm not practiced at and from which I seem to become easily distracted. I'm not used to failure in the things I usually attempt, so failure at this easily frustrates. I haven't bought MAP yet because there seem to be so many things going on my life, which has been complex since a health crisis a couple of years ago. There is one emergency after another, and sometimes just staying on an even keel is on the top. One of these days, though.....always in the future, it seems. Then I'll have a stellar dream and really get on the bandwagon for a few days, and then.....something else surfaces that grabs my attention.