Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why is this seemingly acceptable?

Re: Why is this seemingly acceptable?

googling "living saints" isn't substantive at all , i'd even settle for a paucity of anecdotal evidence .

i think the biggest hurdle here is separating the hype and the hyperbole from the veritable .

there must* be several candidates undergoing the process of canonization i'm sure ...but i find it genuinely very odd that there is no list (or even a compendium of sorts) of living people up and viable for candidacy in sainthood.
    How remarkably sad.

Blog Entries

I'm not talking 'official religion sanctioned' saints. I'm talking about people that spend their entire lives helping others, sometimes exhibiting 'above what you expect from a regular human' characteristics. People that seemingly go through incredible hurdles only to get something positive out of the experience, and then strive to make other people's lives easier in some way.
    If a person needs a religious organization to be considered a saint, chances are, there is some type of integrity transaction that happened, and it's a sad state indeed.
    But that's just my opinion, as what I commented two posts ago.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i'm inclined to agree (as in the lines get blurry when you think about "utmost altruism" and "sainthood")
    and again if you add "real life heroes" in the throw that further obfuscates ,for instance the team and people "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    We're cocreators with Source. Everything we call magic is the channeling of that awareness, or the making it automatic.
    Agreed. And things like ritual (magickal or religious, which, as far as I can see, are pretty much the same thing in almost all respects), prayer, the use of sacred or otherwise mystical/symbolic objects, and so on are just ways in which the ego-self can open up and allow things to happen.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

A few years back I was faced with a bizarre example of religious cognitive dissonance when a short documentary was shown at a temple I used to attend. It featured the funeral of one of the gurus; he was to be placed upright in a salt lined pit. But the body was kept above ground for however many days, & paraded around, strapped upright onto a chair with the legs in lotus position.

All well & good so far, but the commentator kept referring to "His Transcendental Body", when said transcendental object was clearly beginning to show signs of decomposition! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry; especially as the main lesson just before the film stressed that we are not the body. . . !
    Last edited by sono2; 16th October 2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
    A few years back I was faced with a bizarre example of religious cognitive dissonance when a short documentary was shown at a temple I used to attend. It featured the funeral of one of the gurus; he was to be placed upright in a salt lined pit. But the body was kept above ground for however many days, & paraded around, strapped upright onto a chair with the legs in lotus position.
    All well & good so far, but the commentator kept referring to "His Transcendental Body", when said transcendental object was clearly beginning to show signs of decomposition! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry; especially as the main lesson just before the film stressed that we are not the body. . . !
    hahaha! omg too funny