G’day Bob,

Following on from your posting about the relationship between the mind and the brain I have some questions.

A very common side effect of ECT, used for the treatment of Psychotic-Depression, is long-term memory loss. If the part of the brain that stores physical memory is destroyed/wiped, then is it still possible to access/recover memory from the mind, or even the Akashic records, and download it to the physical memory again?

I have just started working with my friend who went through 14 ECT sessions over a two week period while admitted to a mental hospital after a serious breakdown. We have begun with some very simple meditation exercises to help her strengthen her psyche, which I believe is still very fragile. She still manages to retain her talent for music, although recalls nothing about her marriage or bringing up her children, so I am assuming that the ECT did not damage the Parietal or Fontal lobe, only the part which stores/transceives memory.

Obviously I am very cautious about the possibility of triggering another psychotic episode of depression (from which she can recall nothing), but am interested in your advice about gentle ways of understand and working with the root cause of her illness?

Again, thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Kind regards,

Saul