Thread: Copy: Advice in which hobbies i have to ditch/avoid to not attract negs

Copy: Advice in which hobbies i have to ditch/avoid to not attract negs

I am sorry to be bothering you will huge topics again i only do this because these ones are the most important to me and the most complex stuff and so far i don't see anyone else that can advice me better on this than you thanks to your experience, also in this one you don't have to write much i think, it's most to say what i should avoid or not, because the topic about the sexual desire was just one of the major types of hobbies i have. Besides after this topic the rest of the doubts i have are mostly small things which wouldn't be needed huge descriptions like this.

Ok, keep in mind i haven't forgot all the advices you gaved me, and i am following most of them, i am doing affirmations and the core affirmations, skin blemishes marking, banishments, i am learning and practising the LBRP, etc. Oh by the way the mental banishing on the sexual toughts/urges SEEMS to be working, even tough i still had a wet dream a few days after (but as always i never felt the classic signals of succubus/incubus attacks), but at least the sexual urges are more rare now and i am able to "dissolve" them when they appear even tough sometimes it takes 3-4 times to actually dissolve them.

BUT there's something else i have considerable doubts, so far you advised me to the core image and banishment on sexual urges related to fetishes, but there is one more major thing i need advice :

This time i just need advice in what kind of hobbies i like that i have to ditch/stop liking, because the sexual desires is only one of the main kind of hobbyes/tastes i have, i have three others, I JUST need you to confirm me what exactly i need to "ditch" and apply core image and banishment and that you suspect that might be feeding negs AND specially worsening the negative glamor :

tv shows : the ones i like more is sci fi tvshows like star trek or space related (non violent), xfiles (note that i do NOT enjoy the alien/et part of the show i don't have any fascination for that part of the show) and similar tvshows (without gore or strong horror stuff since that DOES bother me, xfiles isn't too much strong on that), wrestling shows (wwe, even tough i like it more for the entretaining part rather than by the wrestling itself), japanese animes (mainly dragon ball z but i also like others not about fighting), cartoons, and even some soap operas specially those with people with psychic abiltiies (there is a few ones like that). Now how do i know if watching things like this on tv REALLY brings anything negative to me, should i stop watching only those focusing directly on violence (like wrestling, that i have stopped watching immediatly as soon as i found this thing about negs, about this i have no doubt) and it's therefore safe to watch those that aren't specificy about gratuit violence even tough EVERY tvshow by itself always have some degree of minor violence or psychological violence ? For example i hope i don't have to stop watching every tvshow where there is sometimes some argument between angry people, that would be a bit extreme (even tough i used to fast forward those scenes). Unless EVERYTHING on tv is negative and i have to "ditch" every single tvshow at all ? Oh by the way i AM aware of that thing of being in "trance" when watching tv so lately i have been carefull about this and being more alert and "present" when watching tv shows and in what i choose to watch specially after what you adviced. Also when i watch tv shows with some violence it's never the violence itself i like, it's mostly the entertainment side, like special effects/super powers, comedy, emotional scenes (not those depressing ones, unless it's about "positive" negative feelings), etc

computer games : in the past i used to like a lot survival horror games (BUT horror movies or violent movies on tv always bothered me a lot but not in videogames) mainly first person shooters, and also games like grand theft auto (which i presume... are the favourite of negs?). I also like a lot video games in which we have to destroy and blow up stuff (i presume i have to avoid those too?). BUT i also like games that aren't much focused in violence, like adventure role playing games which of course most of them there is some fighting envolved but not always too violent. Let me guess... all this attracts negs as well and i have to ditch everything too ? Even those adventure/role playing games in which we have to fight BUT the game's aren't about gratuit violence itself and have a "positive aproach" to avoid violence? There is some of the games i play in which it's about being a hero and not resorting to violence to solve everything, even tough he have to use some minor violence to defeat the enemies, i hope i don't have to avoid such games too!

sad, mystical, or sacred classical music/orquestral music : in most musics i like, the ones that i really like are those sad ones or played on "minor" key, on classical music i like the most is barroque and classic epoch, specially when played on bayan accordion or orquestra, also i like such music a LOT more if it has choir (specially children choir) and if it's sad sacred music, regarding non-classical music i like all the following whimsycal/mystical/fantasy/fairy tales/some nursery rhymes/celestial, also music related to halloween stuff, also music of the kind of heared in harry potter, danny elfman music, addams family, organ music, music representing ancient/arcaic themes (like musics written about mystical places like atlantis, lemuria, shamgrila, agarta, those are usually the strongest on me too). Sometimes i feel strong pleasant emotions on these kind of musics, and significant energy sensations on my body like tingling waves on my scalp and back, even tough it's mostly with sad music played on minor keys, it's a kind of "happy sad" feelings, for example, when we cry of joy or have tears on our eyes when hearing something very beautiful. In terms of negs feeding, is it safe to hear this kind of music even if i feel "pleasant" sad feelings? Sometimes i feel very strange emotions that can probably be described like bliss or mystical feelings and i enjoy them of course, and sometimes i would like so much to be able to explore those emotions in astral projections because they feel so mystical... Also note that i highly dislike ANY rock, heavy metal or even normal commercial music, i even have some degree of avertion/repulsion to all that kind of music in a general way, i almost exclusively like orquestral/classical music.

I think that's all, those are the main types of hobbies, oh by the way i think i already said before that i have obssessive/compulsive disorder, therefore almost EVERYTHING i like has some degree of obssession regarding it, but i guess that can be solved with the core image and banishment BUT still i need to know what i actually need to start avoiding and not feeding, the things about gratuit violence i think it's kinda obvious, tough.

Anyway, i hope you don't advice me to avoid EVERYTHING i like (yes i know that most of them are for sure influence of the negs but common, it can't be EVERYTHING that bad there most me some positive hobbies in the middle of all this), even those that only have minor violence on it, because it's impossible to completly avoid that in a violent world like this! Besides even if i would stop ALL hobbies i have, i still see a lot of negativity around me, by seeing constantly angry people in the place i live, in fact i NEVER knew a single person that wasn't angry at some time, if what you say is true, that anger is caused by negs influence then EVERYONE in the place i live is partially possessed since no one here has much patience (i even asked some friends about this, and they also all say they never seen anyone which would never get angry), but i am sure this doesn't only happen in my country probably it's like this everywhere. And worse of this, my own family have a LOT of anger issues, mainly my mother and oncle (boss) (which unfortunately i am forced to live with on a daily basis and it's not possible to get away from them for obvious reasons).

Re: Advice in which hobbies i have to ditch/avoid to not attract negs

"How do you let go of attachment to things? Don't even try. It's impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them."
    - E. Tolle

"Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities."
    - Dalai Lama

(bolds mine)
    This collector of useless clutter.

Re: Copy: Advice in which hobbies i have to ditch/avoid to not attract negs

oops, sry, I'm using the 'new posts' query always and sometimes forget to pay attention if it's posted in 'ask RB'
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

No worries, I made it a copy.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
    "How do you let go of attachment to things? Don't even try. It's impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them."
    - E. Tolle
    That has been my direct experience. The attachments fall away on their own once "identity" dissolves or shifts (or however you want to describe it).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

- E. Tolle
    Well i remember that advice from tolle since i have been reading his books, but i am asking advice to robert mostly because he has a lot of experience on these things and he talks about attachments to things and it's relation to negs in his psychic defense ebook, but still i like the idea of a copy of this thread since i will of course appreciate advice from more people as well.

(by the way GOOD LUCK to anyone trying to apply this advice on undesired sexual desires/fetishes, it WON'T work since i already tried that, fortunately bruce's method seems to work, the core image method and the banishment pentagram)

Regarding that advice, what i can interpret of this is this : "attachments to things are gone by itself when we don't WANT to have them anymore or we DON'T FEED them anymore and not pay attention to them anymore" is this what it really means? I hope i am interpreting this correctly, in fact bruce already advised me on this, it's a matter of using the core image removal, and even banishment/pentagram on related images/toughs about the attachment, but the main goal of this huge topic is mostly to know WHAT kind of things i have to stop liking or not, because i can't just try to "switch" off EVERY hobby i have it's too much of a radical change in my life, besides i can't believe that ALL of the hobbies i have listed do really attract negs or negativity to my life there's GOT to be ones that i can keep acting upon, and i am hoping bruce helps me on this.

"Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities."
    - Dalai Lama
    Now this one is more confusing to me, what does it mean "misapprehend as enduring entities" ??

Besides this can anyone here give some advices as well if someone here has some of the tastes i like and if such person experience increased neg attacks because of this ?

Blog Entries

My advice would be not to give up any hobbies unless they cause addiction to them. I think music is great because it helps you express your feelings (whatever they are) and is cathartic.
    The video games I'm not so sure about, especially if they're violent. But everyone is different in regards to this.
    With TV shows, I'd ask you, which ones make you feel better after you've watched it? Which ones make you feel angry or sad? Then get rid of the ones that make you feel sad or angry.
    I could go on and on about philosophizing, but I don't think that's what you're looking for, hence my step-by step answer.

As to ""Most of our troubles are due to our passionate desire for and attachment to things that we misapprehend as enduring entities."
    - Dalai Lama"
    I'd tell you that the problem with attachment is not the attachment itself, but the idea that it will last forever. My understanding of what the good folks in the above posts are telling you is that even if you're attached to these activities and see this as a problem, you are a growing and evolving person and these activities will not be attractive to you forever, because you are changing anyway.
    (My opinion, obviously)

I think music is great because it helps you express your feelings (whatever they are) and is cathartic.
    Wait a minute, what is after all "expressing our feelings" ? Everytime i read this the first thing that came to my mind is "talking" about my feelings to someone, but now i think i see that you mean by that to "let them flow" without reaction and resistance, is that it? Indeed i noticed that some of the musics that at the first times i heared them i felt strong feelings (both physically and psychologically), but the more i listen to the same musics, the feelings decrease their intensity, and it gets to a point that those musics get "worn out" in terms of feeling intensity and even tough i still find the music pleasant to hear after all those times, the original feelings are very faint but always there, they never disappear completly, but unfortunately those were PLEASANT feelings i wish there was a way to avoid them getting so weak when hearing the same musics often, because it's difficult finding music that makes me feel like this.

This actually reminds me some time ago, this could be a clue in how to overcome traumas?? By just exposing ourselfs to the trauma triggers and ACCEPTING the repressed emotions, avoiding to react, the emotion will slowly decrease the more we are exposed to the situation ? I notice that this works with music, so why not with traumas? Of course that there is the problem of the reaction and resistance but thanks to korpo's technique i AM able to deal with this, but unfortunately not when i am at my job, but at my home is perfect. For example one of my biggest traumas is getting yelled at or being belittled, and i have very similar feelings even by just seeying people arguing in tvshows, even in fictional ones, sure that the negative feelings aren't that strong in relation to what i feel at my job, but i see here a opportunity to dissolve the trauma by exposure.

But yet there is the problem, i am not sure if exposing myself to negative situations like this from tvshows (for example until now i ALWAYS fastfoward such scenes and avoid them, but this probably is making the trauma even stronger because of avoidance), just to be able to dissolve the trauma, will actually increase neg attacks on me, because there is the LOA as well and if i do this exposure often, it might encrease even more the amont of yelling at me at my job. But sooner or later i will have to try this, because if not i am starting to think that it's IMPOSSIBLE to overcome traumas at all.

The video games I'm not so sure about, especially if they're violent. But everyone is different in regards to this. With TV shows, I'd ask you, which ones make you feel better after you've watched it? Which ones make you feel angry or sad? Then get rid of the ones that make you feel sad or angry.
    Yeah but this is the problem, when i play violent videogames or even survivor horror games i only feel POSITIVE feelings, like excitement, adrenaline and joy (even when destroying stuff in them). And that never seemed to influence my behavior in real life, and i used to play those a lot in the past. Also, sure sometimes i feel fear in survivor horror videogames so of course i try to avoid the ones that are more scary, but besides that there is only ONE thing that makes me have negative feelings in videogames of all kinds : losing or dying too often, that makes me angry because of not being able to play better, so the solution is using walktroughts, playing on the easy setting, using lots of quicksaves, etc. But that problem i think it's not directly related to the videogame content, since this is another issue of a different kind and not related to the videogames being violent or not, it's a matter of accepting the situation, and this i too have now tools to deal with (acceptance)

About tvshows it's almost the same thing, BUT it's a LOT more realistic therefore violence and horror stuff do bother me a LOT more so i am carefull to choose less violent tv shows.

I'd tell you that the problem with attachment is not the attachment itself, but the idea that it will last forever. My understanding of what the good folks in the above posts are telling you is that even if you're attached to these activities and see this as a problem, you are a growing and evolving person and these activities will not be attractive to you forever, because you are changing anyway. (My opinion, obviously)
    Well i am not THAT sure if they are a problem because i don't feel bothered by any of the hobbies i have (except some of the sex fetishes, but i now know how to deal with that), i am only trying to find ALL POSSIBLE reasons for attracting so many times angry people and bullies to me (which now i am sure it's neg entities attached to me, and probably hereditary ones), therefore i have to be sure if the hobbies i have ARE actually feeding negs and making them attack me just because most of the hobbies i have ARE about things that negs also like, like violent stuff for example... Altough it's just FICTIONAL violence, it can't have the same effect than real life violence.

Blog Entries

To tell you the truth, it doesn't sound to me that you're attracting negs via your hobbies. If anything, they seem to be influencing you positively (which is what hobbies are supposed to do, after all).
    Just my opinion.

Oh i think i got it, you say that because of what i said, that the hobbies themselves don't cause negative emotions at all ? Yeah that makes sense BUT... i guess that with sexual desires it's a completly different story since he told i absolutly had to try to not feed them and applying the core image and banishment, EVEN those fetishes that are relatively harmless and in which i never feel any negative emotion at all, he said all of them. BUT one thing is true, the fetishes were indeed an addiction (and still are) maybe that's the indication that it's neg induced?

Then i presume that the hobbies that cause me to have negative emotions when they aren't acted upon, and that i am more addicted are the ones that are feeding negs! Maybe that's bruce's point after all...