I've had some fascinating astral projection and lucid dream experiences that I would not expect anyone to believe was possible (unless they had the same or similar experiences). People have said on the Internet that astral projection is a complete fantasy created entirely in the mind of someone who is mentally ill. Sometimes I'll have an experience where it may be better if it was fictitious.

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
I recently dropped a long-time friend because of his persistent sneering at matters very close to my heart, namely metaphysical studies & AP in particular. I didn't expect him to simply "swallow" what I shared; but at least to accept my experiences as true to me, & not to question my honesty about it.

He called me a liar & a hypocrite, & accused me of making up fantasies for attention. . . .it was as if he could not open his mind to the possibility that I, or indeed anyone else, could have had experiences/ adventures in other-than-ordinary consciousness.
Perhaps the reason why people strongly criticize those with astral projection and lucid dreaming skills is that they don't have those capabilities. I'm guessing that your friend was just using you all of the years you knew him for reasons that were not related to the spiritual/paranormal realm. And when you continually brought up your experiences in those areas as your abilities grew, it may have been apparent that he would no longer have any use for you. Is this a possibility?