Thread: New and attempting AP

1. Cool New and attempting AP

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first time on this site. I was googling Astral Projection as I have been attempting it for about a month. So here are some of the things I do:

At first I started to meditate before I went to sleep at night. I felt tingling sensations and my body went numb each time. I felt so relaxed and it felt great! I felt a kind of warping sensation like my body was shifting to the side. But later I just started to fall asleep, couldn't relax, felt my heart rate still pretty fast right before sleep.

Then I woke up early this morning, 6ish, and feeling a little drowsy, I decided to meditate. I got the tingling sensations and the slight warping feeling again. It felt great and when I opened my eyes about 30 minutes later, I felt so replenished and ready to start my day.

My main question is that I'm trying to understand what to do to Astral Project. I've been researching for the past month on and off. I've read from a website to repeat "I am One with the Universe, I am One with God, I am not afraid to leave my body." I've been doing this and I do feel more tingling. What I'm trying to understand is what people are talking about when they say don't focus on the tingling or warping. Is it that most people get frightened by these sensations? Personally, I don't fear these sensations; I welcome them and try to talk to myself in my mind to somehow enhance those feelings. Is the tingling and warping sensation the kind of milestones to look for and try to enhance? Or am I just supposed to enjoy the sensations, let go, and don't even try to visualize anything but focus on being relaxed?

If anyone can provide me any feedback it would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

Re: New and attempting AP

Hi and welcome electrickungfu.
    For a detailed set of instructions on how to astral project, the OBE R & D forums has detailed techniques to supplement whatever discipline you'd like to use, but first I suggest you start by reading the Treatise on Astral Projection, all in this site.
    More specifically:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/con...ction-Training
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by electrickungfu View Post
    Is the tingling and warping sensation the kind of milestones to look for and try to enhance? Or am I just supposed to enjoy the sensations, let go, and don't even try to visualize anything but focus on being relaxed?

First, definitely read the link CFTraveler posted. My two cents is that one shouldn't get too engaged at all with exit sensations, vision, or any other exit hoopla. It's far too easy for your conscious, waking mind to try to grab the wheel back once these have begun, something that often spoils an exit (that mindslice just loves control). Just imagine these experiences as coming from your loving nanny, tucking you into your astral bed. Let her do her work, yours is to simply enjoy and let go.

Soul
    Know Thyself

4. Re: New and attempting AP

Thank you both. I'll put these to practice!

CFTraveler is absolutely right. You should go through this link. And you would definitely enjoy it. And welcome to Astral Dynamics.