Thread: does this make sense??

does this make sense??

Recently I have felt the need to move forward through prayer even though I don't know who to pray to as I'm not sure I believe in a god as a person.
    One night I received symbols ' seeing a foot I was asked to help put a football shoe on. then to kick .then I was trying to listen in to a private conversation where the message was "your goal is to pray"
    The next night I woke up to hearing someone telling me that her son Charles Duthw??? was a fireman and had died in a fire and I felt her emotions were wery sad.
    Yesterday morning I heard
    "my uncle has just died . Please pray for him.
    I do believe that we can all progress through our individual evolution by listening to any messages we may recieve whether from higher self or even higher but I don't know who to pray to ??? God ,All that is. Higher self????
    any advice?

Blog Entries

Re: does this make sense??

I have a book title, if you're open to it- let me know via pm if you want it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I think this makes perfect sense. My prayers have zero words in them and are all visual. I'm a fish in clear lake (God), or a bird dissolving into the sky in flight, etc. I think this is called picture prayers, and it is definitely how my higher-self operates. I'll cut it short since CFTraveler chimed in first she'd generally spot on with recommendations.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I don't experience God as objective any more. I did for most of my life, but that's gone now. I experience God subjectively, and in everything, so for a time, it did perplex me as to how to pray to "everything". In other words, I get where your'e coming from.

I'll also note that your experiences of symbolic and emotional communication is very familiar to me. I've had that since I was... well, as long as I can remember, to be honest. I've done a lot of reading on the topic of mysticism (particularly Christian mysticism, because I was raised in the Christian tradition, but other flavours of mysticism, too), and this seems to be the norm. Now and then you might hear clear words/phrases, and when you do, they're usually very simple but are slowly revealed to be profound and multi-layered (which I love), but more often, the message comes in flashes of metaphor, in symbols that are meaningful to you, because your brain is interpreting and forming the picture. (Just a an example, your "footbal" symbol would make sense to me, but not be especially meaningful; if I were to receive a similar message, it would undoubtedly take a different form and be a different metaphorical picture, and this, by the way, is part of why it's so hard to explain deep spiritual messages and truths!)

I stopped praying for a while once my objetive view of God dissolved, because I just thought who or what am I praying to? But then I became aware that prayer is my most effective tool, the one that has never failed (even if it does sometimes manifest in ways I didn't expect), and that I should resume it. What I do now is similar to meditation, I guess. I just "let go" of the boundaries that I perceive separating "me" from "everything else" (those boundaries are, happily, not very solid these days ) and wait quietly. It's a kind of communion, rather than a petition or a ritual. I just realise the Oneness that I know to be the truth and the communication is effortless. If I have something specific on my agenda, I may gently direct my thoughts or emotions toward it, but most of the time, it seem unnecessary. This kind of communication is not the same as person-to-person communication. It's almost like osmosis. What I feel, know, think, want, etc., is already clearly understood. The trick for me is to allow the reverse communication through all of my many (unintentional, unconscious, etc.) filters.

I don't know if that helps at ALL, but I enjoyed writing it. I hope it makes some sense to someone.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thank you all for your replies.
    CFTraveller yes I would appreciate the book title thank you.
    I am reading Kurt's Multidimensional Human for the second time and feel in such a hurry ??

I believe in God. CFTraveler, I also want to know the title of the book. Can you please pm me.