This thread will be updated in the coming days and weeks as I work on my theory and techniques for having Wake Induced Lucid Dreams.

Step 1: You must acheive the "body asleep/mind awake" state. I have been toying with the idea that the necessary pre-condition is to actually achieve an internal projection of the etheric double. You should feel completely weightless in a black void. (As a side note, once you achieve this state, interesting things can happen. For example, I sometimes become "lucid" during the night, but I am not in a dream. I am floating in the black void of an etheric body projection <theory only at this point.>) I believe this is the first state you must reach consciously to achieve a WILD.

Step 2: Next, you need to "pull" a dream to you. I've been observing carefully how the dream is formulated and have been toying with the idea that it is actually a kind of "catching" and then "holding" the dream in front of you like a two-dimensional image. There are a few ways to do this and I'll edit this post to put in more detail here. Also, dreams that are entered into from the "outside" (I'll have to explain this better I think...) tend to be extremely detailed and appear to be more like physical reality. This "sharpening" of the dream occurs whether you start out awake and achieve step 1 (a true WILD) or if you become lucid outside of a dream while sleeping and "pop" into step 1 (I don't think this has a name yet).

Step 3: Entry into the two-dimensional image to "flesh out" the dreamscape. There are several sensory methods to do this and I will be adding them to this post in the coming days. (Note to self: include face-to-ground technique and rework expansion-into-movement technique. Also, include note on most likely having to open dream eyes during transition...)

Step 4: Most internal "etheric" projections include a loss of body consciousness making the person a "point of awareness." Therefore, a dream body must be constituted during the transition into the dreamscape... (note- discuss problems in transition and research whether body can be created in void before entering dream)

Step 5: The last step involves firmly grounding the dream body into surroundings to avoid being "shaken loose" from the dreamscape.... the initial period can be tenuous and might require bringing the dream into "focus." (note- discuss techniques "tactile awareness," "object fixation- visual reference," and "dream narrative immersion")

I'll be updating this post in the coming days....

Anyone else, feel free to post your WILD induction techniques or opinions.

-Matthew