Thread: Suzanne Segal's book: Collision With the Infinite

Suzanne Segal's book: Collision With the Infinite

I've only found one forum reference here.

Has anyone else read Suzanne Segal's book: Collision With the Infinite: A Life Beyond the Personal Self

It seems to me that she had an illness which partly loosened the ties between the
    physical and the nonphysical.

She lost the sense of a self, and whatever was left of her, got terrified according to the Wiki.
    Then one day she there was a shift and she became part of the whole, of everything. It
    seems to me to be a very interesting book, but I would also know if there were any
    deeper insight in her writings, like the case with Monroe.

Re: Suzanne Segal's book: Collision With the Infinite

I have to add some more info, for example this amazon review on Segal's book,
    where the reviewer talks about having had similar experiences.

Perhaps part of Segal's experience could be the result of one or more losses of
    Aspect of Self, but not her complete experience.

I wonder if we are not to know about more advanced nonphysical reality, and if we
    get a peek into those areas, no one will help us as we have to finish our lives here
    in the physical first?

Her brain tumour, was it a result of her condition or something which caused it?

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Re: Suzanne Segal's book: Collision With the Infinite

I have not read this though it looks intriguing and will have to pick it up down the road. But on this note...

Have you listened to Jill Bolte Taylor's awakening account, which may not be entirely similar, but shares the loss of self aspect? I believe she initially did a TED talk on it, but I found her fascinating story on Radiolab:

http://www.radiolab.org/2010/aug/09/

The "Words" podcast is just plain amazing through and through, I encourage a full listen.

But in short, Taylor had a stroke and lost all ability to formulate words, and subsequently, the narrow, boxed concepts of everything that came through here sense gates. What followed makes perfect sense. Our language, all language, is entirely
    ill-equipped at conveying that which transcends. And the instant we frame any thing with words and concepts, we experience direct limitation and the subtle pressure that results from forcing this and that into mental categories.

Best,

Soul
    Know Thyself