Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The reason good and evil exist...

Post The reason good and evil exist...

Greetings,

In this thread, I want to go ahead and try to explain the reason good and evil exist. What I say is based solely on what I think and comprehend. In other words, this is what I think and therefore I have no source/evidence/etc.

The universe is made of pairs; contradictions some might say. Modern science has proven that almost anything in our physical world is made of two parts; from living beings to electric charge. But why eveything has to have an opposite? Why is there positive and negative energy? Why good and evil exist? The answer is balance; pairs exist in order to achieve balance.

In order for a scale to maintain balance, two opposite objects (opposite because they're placed on two hands of the scale) with same value (weight in this case) are required. That's the case with everything! Without balance, universe will collapse. Nothing is stable without balance.

Imagine the whole universe as a huge scale. It "has" to maintain balance to survive; without balance it will collapse. What does it need? It needs to create pairs so they can provide balance! Negativity is there to balance out positivity. Evil exists to balance out good. Simple as that!

Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order. That pretty much sums it out. There is no alternative. It is impossible to gain balance with on object "alone" on a scale. Stability lies in the hands of balance and balance is made of pairs.

Best Regards,
    Reav3R
    Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order.

Blog Entries

Re: The reason good and evil exist...

Well I'd like to quote Robert Monroe here. He found this out during his most profound OBE's in which he found a highly evolved entity which he connected with. This to is my opinion on how i FEEL it is.

There is no good, there is no evil,
    There is only expression.

The whole message read like this though:

We know this well. It can be said in your words.
    There is no beginning, there is no end,
    There is only change.
    There is no teacher, there is no student,
    There is only remembering.
    There is no good, there is no evil,
    There is only expression.
    There is no union, there is no sharing,
    There is only one.
    There is no joy, there is no sadness,
    There is only love.
    There is no greater, there is no lesser,
    There is only balance.
    There is no stasis, there is no entropy,
    There is only motion.
    There is no wakefulness, there is no sleep,
    There is only being.
    There is no limit, there is no chance,
    There is only a plan.

This is as we know it to be.

Edit:
    Ok, I'll try to elaborate but forgive me if it sounds confusing.
    If I think of that there is only expresion I think of it as we express ourselves in various ways as we are ever changing, because thats what the soul does. It changes, experiences and becomes more complete by experiencing an infinite variety of possibilities. So if I were to kill someone that would not be evil IMO, it would be an expression. It would feel horrible, but I cannot think of it in terms of evil.
    So then I think that evil is a word and an expression of something that doesn't feel good and really bad to most of us humans. An expresion of a feeling you could say, that we have adopted.

I think that the things you write about balance (light and dark, chaos and order etc.) are things that have to do with our focus in 3 dimensional reality. These things can be real to a great extent here in this reality that we are focused in right now.
    An illusion based on our beliefs and on our focus here in this dimension, and also because of the need for expression. That doesn't necessarily make it so in other dimensions and realities.
    Last edited by SiriusTraveler; 16th November 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Well said Sirius, and thanks for the meaningful quote. While it makes a lot of sense and is supposed to be from a highly advanced being, it doesn't change the fact that "different" expressions do exist.

I used the word pair excessively to convey this meaning. What we know as good and evil might be an illusion but the fact that they're not the same and often opposite is not. The fact that universe is made of contradictions and diferences is not an illusion: "There is motion and change". So what reason could be for this?

In order to have motion, change and plan we need point A and point B; these two can't be the same so in essence we need difference. And difference can make pairs and opposites. See my point? If balance is an illusion then the whole "big picture" would be utterly meaningless. What reason is there for difference if not balance?

Blog Entries

Oh darn, I wrote that wrong.. balance is no illusion. I take that back, offcource

Well, the reason for motion and change as I see it is because of the constant evolving nature of the universe/multiverse/everything/god etc. Thats what everything does, it evolves. Our soul evolves through this current experience and so does God/All that is. It feels like motion and change = evolution/becomming more complete/the nature of god. As I see it at least.

Suffice to say, I get you original post.

What you say is so meaningful and teaching but you're not providing enough information related to my point in order to agree or disagree with me.

We have motion because universe is evolving, yes but it needs to be stable first in order to continue evolving and for that it needs balance. Being an illusion doesn't mean two things are the same.

Blog Entries

But in what way do you mean the universe becomes stable? And are you talking about our current 3 dimensional reality we are experiencing?

Im thinking that balance just is, it always is and it always has been.

Edit: Again sorry, I need to read first without posting

Then I guess I can aggree with you on some points. If I think of balance as a property of "All That Is" then that balance is maintaned by the things you describe (chaos and order, light and dark) but some of these things are false as in I don't think they exist as a property of something at all, but are just illisions of our 3 dimensional focus (like good and evil). Do you get what I'm saying here?
    Im not such a good explainer
    Last edited by SiriusTraveler; 16th November 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Blog Entries

The Universe, however, seems not to be a scale. I would say the analogy falls short.

Similarly, a balance of two things is not the middle or one of identical quality. A scale can be balanced if a large mass is on one side and a very small mass is on the other if the length of the arms differ.

Having said this, a state of balance can exist between extreme disparities in quantity even in the scale example.

To take it further, I don't think evil is a full opposite of good. Evil in my view could be the absence of good, which is not a thing in itself, just as darkness is not a thing, but light is. Light is a particle/wave while darkness is its absence. This is no dualism, because there are no two things - there's a thing and its absence. You can measure the amount of light, but you cannot measure its absence. You can take a light source into a room, but there's no source of darkness that could do the same. You could argue (logically, not physically) that there was darkness in the room before the light arrived and after it went, but that would imply that darkness has no source and again would not be the opposite of light.

Having said that, also the light analogy falls short, as I would think that evil is resistance to being good. Evil is in my opinion an act of will, a misguided and misinformed approach to reality. It is not the complement to the nature of good, it's going against the very grain of the Universe itself.

Similarly, I would not equate chaos and evil. Nor is order inherently good. They are without any moral implication.

From my point of view these are illegitimate inferences and transferences, where attributes present in one thing are simply assumed to have this and that opposite. Similarly it is assumed that because one pair of things has properties these transfer to another wholly different pair of things. These are logical fallacies or pitfalls.

As you see from my short remarks, another worldview as mine can as easily exist on similar observations yet be fundamentally different if you followed my implications. The thing is you can not disprove my worldview or prove your own since both are based on observations and inferrences which are not provable. Similarly I can comment on your observations but not prove you wrong or myself right. If logic could explain these things to satisfaction, I'd tend to think it already would have.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    But in what way do you mean the universe becomes stable? And are you talking about our current 3 dimensional reality we are experiencing?
    By stable I mean exist. If there is no balance, there is no meaning (already said why) and if there's no meaning, there's no existance (should I explain why?). Simple as that. I don't mean the physical, I mean the whole universe. In order to "exist", it needs "balance".

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    The Universe, however, seems not to be a scale. I would say the analogy falls short.

Similarly, a balance of two things is not the middle or one of identical quality. A scale can be balanced if a large mass is on one side and a very small mass is on the other if the length of the arms differ.

Having said this, a state of balance can exist between extreme disparities in quantity even in the scale example.
    I think you misunderstood my point. I agree with what you say. What I mean is that in order to get balance, we need "difference", be it duality, trinity or anything. It just can't be one...

Blog Entries

PS - the subject of the thread is "The reason good and evil exist... ". In response to that I want to add:

Good and evil exist because there's free will to chose between them. Good and evil however exist only in relation to a system of values. Whether they ultimately exist in some independent manner within the fabric of the Universe would be certainly worth pondering.

Blog Entries

I have to aggree on most parts with Korpo here. Its to bad I can only think these things myself and not formulate them into words. Im not such a good explainer.

This is no dualism, because there are no two things - there's a thing and its absence.
    But this can still be qualities of balance in my opinion. As balance, perhaps, is that amongst other things.