Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The reason good and evil exist...

Re: The reason good and evil exist...

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Yes, in one level this is to be as you say, but there are so many layers upon this so it depends from what view you express you from...in duality this is this way, but then when you leave the dual worlds it does not be this truth and in the non-dual worlds have other scales so to speak and work0…7s from other law0…7s.
    Again I'd like to clarify that duality was just an example I provided. I don't mean that "eveything" (outside of physical included) is made of two absolute opposites. I think you haven't read the rest of the posts after the first. But anyway... thanks for sharing your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    I can try to sum up my thoughts about this, and note that this what I believe.

The reason good and evil exists is, amongst other things, because we as humans wants to put labels on certain experiences. It does not exists because of the property balance. The thing that exists is instead expresion. The need for expresion is something that is needed for everything to evolve. Everything expresses itself in infinite variety of ways and so some things got labeled good and evil because we expressed it in this 3 dimensional focus we are in at the moment. When we leave this experience we will see that good and evil does not exists in the way we think it does now.

Perhaps thats finally an answers to the original posters discussion for my part
    Thank you for sharing your idea.
    Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order.

Blog Entries

I came on to this subject late- I had some initial thoughts but I see the conversation has evolved, so I'll keep them to myself.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I came on to this subject late- I had some initial thoughts but I see the conversation has evolved, so I'll keep them to myself.
    Why don't you share them with us and participate in the discussion? Worst that could happens is disagreement which is not bad (because it leads to more ideas).

Blog Entries

Sure. I just didn't want to 'bust in' with my opinions/ideas.
    Back to the initial premise:
    The universe is made of pairs; contradictions some might say. Modern science has proven that almost anything in our physical world is made of two parts; from living beings to electric charge. But why eveything has to have an opposite? Why is there positive and negative energy? Why good and evil exist? The answer is balance; pairs exist in order to achieve balance.
    -The universe is not made of pairs. We tend to polarize everything (that is, evenly divide them because of our language tendencies) and mistakenly think that everything is made of two, but two is only a way one thing can be divided. Anything can be segmented in many ways, the poles are only the extremes of the one thing. It's a matter of perspective.
    Electricity is simply electrons moving from one atom to another (electric flow). Once an atom loses an electron it's called 'positive' (you could call it yellow, for example, and get a completely different mental picture of current) and pulls electrons out of the next atom, and so on until they all get reassigned and balance is achieved. But the act of removing the electron and putting it on that there atom (in the battery poles, for example) is a deliberate act of division, and the natural counterpart is a lot more chaotic. So for example, a bunch of electrons getting knocked off a bunch of atoms by friction (like lightning, for example) and resulting in a big thunderbolt is a lot less 'evenly divided'. So once again, we take an atom, take the electron away and leave protons and neutrons unbalanced doesn't make it 'evenly divided', it makes it unstable. The assignment of polarity is a human mental construct. Wow that was long.

In order for a scale to maintain balance, two opposite objects (opposite because they're placed on two hands of the scale) with same value (weight in this case) are required. That's the case with everything! Without balance, universe will collapse. Nothing is stable without balance.-
    This is probably true from a physical standpoint- there is at least one theory that postulates this in cosmology, and there evolutionary theory postulates a similar theory (entropy vs. evolution=reality).

Imagine the whole universe as a huge scale. It "has" to maintain balance to survive; without balance it will collapse. What does it need? It needs to create pairs so they can provide balance! Negativity is there to balance out positivity. Evil exists to balance out good. Simple as that!-
    No, I don't agree here. This is because we have arbitrarily decided that evil is the opposite of good (we assign opposite value to something that is conceptual). But in reality both concepts of good and evil are culturally based, and my good may be your evil, if we have different backgrounds, so the 'polar opposite' theory is just that, a way to assign equal and opposite value to any two expressions of the same thing (color, emotion, circumstance) in accordance to our personal belief- and pit it against itself. Is this valuable? Yes, when this type of conceptualization is used to transmute a less desirable quality to a more desirable one. But it can also be dangerous, when we try to turn this assignment into a 'law' or 'rule'- rules of morality are a good example of this. When you decide something is 'bad' and make rules agaisnt it, black and white thinking results, and that is not a good thing most of the time.
    Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order. That pretty much sums it out. There is no alternative. It is impossible to gain balance with on object "alone" on a scale. Stability lies in the hands of balance and balance is made of pairs.-
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the first concept, but disagree with the conclusion. Polarization is our way of making sense of the world, but it's not a 'truth'- polar opposites exist but it is not the only things that exist, and meaning is given by the experiencer. We need darkness to appreciate the light, but meaning is only given to it by the observer, it is not an inherent or necessary. Chaos is something that I don't think really exists, I think pattern can always be found in what looks like chaos- but that is my belief. Order is also something we assign, and we have to be there to see or create order.
    I think there is no scale to begin with. We create the scale and then look at the universe from it's perspective. Our ability to divide the world as 'inside' and 'outside' gives us the language of division, and we categorize the world in opposites. They have to complement each other because they were one (are one) and we divided them equally in the first place.

Once again, with a few exceptions (such as the language or electricity things) most of what I wrote is my opinion and perspective. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you for your long and thorough explanation but I've already answered all the points you've made.

Still I think what you just said is a more relevant question (language!!!!) to my answers. Sorry for confusion!

Anyway to sum it up, I do NOT Say that everything is made of pairs, I just made an example. What I say is this:

Good and evil exist because they're not "the same" and universe needs difference to continue existing. Some call it good, some call it virtue. Call it whatever you like.

My point is that they're not the same. Universe (the whole) is made of difference not pairs...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reav3R View Post
    Thank you for your long and thorough explanation but I've already answered all the points you've made.

Still I think what you just said is a more relevant question (language!!!!) to my answers. Sorry for confusion!

Anyway to sum it up, I do NOT Say that everything is made of pairs, I just made an example. What I say is this:

Good and evil exist because they're not "the same" and universe needs difference to continue existing. Some call it good, some call it virtue. Call it whatever you like.

My point is that they're not the same. Universe (the whole) is made of difference not pairs...
    It's why I was reluctant to post the whole thing, but I had to express myself linearly. I tend to want to explain why I come to the conclusions I come to.
    I agree with the point- we divide because we exist, we perceive because we exist, it's just a side effect of having a point of view, and if the notion of existence being a consequence of consciousness is true, then it just has to be that way.

As a side note: I usually twist the language deliberately to first create an artistic reading and second subcounciously invoke others hidden feeling on the subject. I also tend to write in different colors (the reason is irrelevent) but I can't do that with cellphone.

For instance I used the word "pair" excessively but taking the description into account and combining it with the word "opposite", I wanted to put emphesize on "difference" not duality (which I later said). I just wanted to see if others can point it out or no...

Blog Entries

Well, you have to realize that 'duality' and 'polarity' are amazingly entrenched in most western society, even in metaphysics. Which is why I went on my rant.

I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon.
    The Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming90 View Post
    The Buddha
    I fail to see how your quote is relevent...