Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The reason good and evil exist...

Blog Entries

Re: The reason good and evil exist...

Sirius, I agree, but the quality of the statements "Good and evil are dual opposites." and "Evil is the absence of good." and "Evil is willful resistance against being good." is fundamentally different, especially in the implications people would take away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    PS - the subject of the thread is "The reason good and evil exist... ". In response to that I want to add:

Good and evil exist because there's free will to chose between them. Good and evil however exist only in relation to a system of values. Whether they ultimately exist in some independent manner within the fabric of the Universe would be certainly worth pondering.
    Now this is what I have to disagree (but not disprove; obviously) with. I believe what we know as "free will" is an illusion. If parallel universes exist then we're experiencing "all" of the different possibilities simultaniously.

The only choice we have is this: which of the many possibilites we want to experience with our current conciousness. Nothing more. I also believe the time itself is an illusion too (can't explain because I'm using my cellphone and the explanation fills a book).

The only thing that exists is existance itself and existance itself needs balance. Difference is required for balance. Beyond that, everything is an illusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    "Good and evil are dual opposites." and "Evil is the absence of good." and "Evil is willful resistance against being good."
    Totally disagree with all three.

Good and evil are "not the same" and they exist because universe needs difference in order to achieve balance and continue its existance.
    Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order.

Blog Entries

Well the evil - good thing I have explained what I think about, that they are just illusions based on our need for expresion.

Now this is what I have to disagree (but not disprove; obviously) with. I believe what we know as "free will" is an illusion. If parallel universes exist then we're experiencing "all" of the different possibilities simultaniously.
    I believe that free will exists to this degree, also written about in "Seth Speaks: Eternal Validity of The Soul": Everyone is here and now, in this reality, but also in an infinite number of other realities. These work together, the soul experiences these simultaneously. Imagine that our thoughts stream into these other realities we are not experiencing so that the other you perhaps dreams or gets a sudden hunch of something. That you can then chose to act uppon that dream or hunch. That is what free will is IMO, that we have infinite variety of choises that somehow, in a wierd way, is limited. that which we don't do in this one personality, the other you's do in the other ones. So that the soul can get the total sum of these as one experience.

Ok, that didnt have anything to do with your original post, but I snusk this in there anyway.

Yes we have "free" will to some degree but it's just not as "free" as 99.9% of us think. This is not absolute freedom...

My theory on this subject is worth another topic on itself which I don't feel like posting today because I'm (always) using my cellphone.

IA56 Guest

WoW...this is a difficult subject. It is so big that I only can say...to be able to face evil you have to go or find a place in you that do not be affected by emotions...I have this place but it have scared me so much because I am afraid if I spend too much time in this place in me I soon do not feel anything, I know somehow feelings do not dissapare, but it did frighten me a lot...

Evil in my book is to be afraid total fear and it is a survival skill...

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    WoW...this is a difficult subject. It is so big that I only can say...to be able to face evil you have to go or find a place in you that do not be affected by emotions...I have this place but it have scared me so much because I am afraid if I spend too much time in this place in me I soon do not feel anything, I know somehow feelings do not dissapare, but it did frighten me a lot...

Evil in my book is to be afraid total fear and it is a survival skill...
    Have you read my first post?! Because this wasn't a question (again ) and I fail to see the relevance between what you say and what I said. :S

IA56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reav3R View Post
    Have you read my first post?! Because this wasn't a question (again ) and I fail to see the relevance between what you say and what I said. :S

Sorry, No I did not read your first post, I will now...I did only react inside of me and where I am now...sorry

IA56 Guest

Yes, in one level this is to be as you say, but there are so many layers upon this so it depends from what view you express you from...in duality this is this way, but then when you leave the dual worlds it does not be this truth and in the non-dual worlds have other scales so to speak and work´s from other law´s.

Quote Originally Posted by Reav3R View Post
    Greetings,

In this thread, I want to go ahead and try to explain the reason good and evil exist. What I say is based solely on what I think and comprehend. In other words, this is what I think and therefore I have no source/evidence/etc.

The universe is made of pairs; contradictions some might say. Modern science has proven that almost anything in our physical world is made of two parts; from living beings to electric charge. But why eveything has to have an opposite? Why is there positive and negative energy? Why good and evil exist? The answer is balance; pairs exist in order to achieve balance.

In order for a scale to maintain balance, two opposite objects (opposite because they're placed on two hands of the scale) with same value (weight in this case) are required. That's the case with everything! Without balance, universe will collapse. Nothing is stable without balance.

Imagine the whole universe as a huge scale. It "has" to maintain balance to survive; without balance it will collapse. What does it need? It needs to create pairs so they can provide balance! Negativity is there to balance out positivity. Evil exists to balance out good. Simple as that!

Light has no meaning without darkness, without chaos there is no order. That pretty much sums it out. There is no alternative. It is impossible to gain balance with on object "alone" on a scale. Stability lies in the hands of balance and balance is made of pairs.

Best Regards,
    Reav3R

Blog Entries

I can try to sum up my thoughts about this, and note that this what I believe.

The reason good and evil exists is, amongst other things, because we as humans wants to put labels on certain experiences. It does not exists because of the property balance. The thing that exists is instead expresion. The need for expresion is something that is needed for everything to evolve. Everything expresses itself in infinite variety of ways and so some things got labeled good and evil because we expressed it in this 3 dimensional focus we are in at the moment. When we leave this experience we will see that good and evil does not exists in the way we think it does now.

Perhaps thats finally an answers to the original posters discussion for my part

Blog Entries

Also have to say that its a very interesting discussion!