Thread: The Moon's effect

The Moon's effect

Does anyone find that they get more lucid dreams during a certain phase of the moon? In general I only get like 1 short lucid dream once a week or so, but not long ago after the start of a full moon I had lucid dreams 3 nights in a row though. I haven't been keeping track long enough to really tell about myself.

enoch Guest
    It's funny you should mention that because I've begun to intergrate the moon phases with my dream diary entries. ( and moods!) It'll take a good few months to extract any relation.

catlantis Guest
    This will be interesting to find out.

I grew up to be a mathematican. When I spent my years prostrate to the "higher mind" durring the classes of statistics, every prof insisted there was no correlation between the phases of the moon and mental disorders or births. (The argument coming from nurses and doctors swearing they would have a big night when the moon was full).

Anyway, as luck would have it, I became analyst for a large hospital. My job was to analyse all sort of patient data.

The raw data showed almost every lunar cycle having a peak of births as well as a peak of psych-in-patients. (The only exeption was xmas...everybody wants a christmas baby.. an in the US everybody would like a tax write off before the year is up .

Of course one could take a statistic method and smuge that relationship out of existence

Anyway, if the lunar cycle could have such an affect on these types of people (those prone to birth and those prone to mental instability)
    Maybe too ,its affect is manefest on other things like lucid dreaming... (although I have been called mentally instable when telling people about this phenomenon... so, who knows.