Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dream Jounal Question

Dream Jounal Question

Sometimes i have upwards of 10+ dreams a night on a good night should i write them all down in the journal or just a few of them. I usually have more than average dreams and I usually have at least 2 a night if not more, should i still use the journal to increase my shadow memory or do I have enough dreams every night that i have a good enough shadow memory recall? From what ive been reading and everything I seem to have a extremely active brow and crown charkra activity does this help you remember shadow memorys better than if you dont have a active brow chakra, just as a question because so many ppl seem to have trouble remembering their dreams.
    "The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil"
    Cicero

Blog Entries
    I would just write the keywords if you remember so many and then write what impacted you the most, or even try to do some self-interpretation on those. It is amazing though if you do write them all down, and then come back a few days later and read them, you'll realize how much we forget.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Apex Guest
    Oh man, and I thought recalling three dreams in a night once a week was good.

No dont be at all discouraged by how many dreams I have, I think one of the reasons i have so many dreams is because I have always loved to dwell in my dreams when i am asleep and i have never had a truly bad dream. ex. pain, death, or suffering. If you work on your dream journal im sure you will remember more.... Stick to training yourself to remember them and one day you may have more than what I have.
    Cicero

sash Guest
    Quality is more important than quantity I've noticed. I would take CF's advice though. I have found myself just using keywords. I'm a terrible writer for a dream journal. I will spend hours describing a tablecloth, the texture, position, tone etc. I've just given up since I also often have dozens of dreams a night.

My main focus has been keeping lucidity active though. Writing down notes can be good because they can act as "trigger points" to remember dreams you normally don't even recall you had.

Thx for all the imput
    LoL im the same way too sash, my dreams are usually extremely detailed as well, When i tell my family about my dreams they usually sigh and make fun of me because i include every small detail of what happend and why and just everything. Im quite the dreamer in my family. I also notice after a few weeks they tend to dissappear, except for the real juicy ones that i like and usually dwell on for days at a time.
    Cicero

Apex Guest
    I wasn't 'discouraged', I was just giving you numbers to compare to for reference. I can improve my recall if I want, since having a dream journal has allowed me to corrolate what to do during the day to help it. If I get more than a couple days with no recall I get annoyed and make sure I recall more the next day.

Namely, doing meditative-type activities that night will help recall considerably for me. Whether or not the type of meditation done matters remains to be seen.

Blog Entries
    I have big nights too: sometimes 8 or 9 dreams; but sometimes 2 or 3. Occasionally 8-9 will take up as much journal space as 2-3. Often the 2 or 3 will be much more illuminating ("quality," as Sash calls it).

I write it all down. When I first began journaling I didn't but things I dismissed as unimportant turned out to be predictive. Besides, I enjoy writing it down.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

A Great Way that i found to recall dreams better is to set your alarm clock of about an hour and a half after you fall asleep, or you can have someone that is awake keep waking you up after a certain amount of time. This is one way to have alot of dreams in a night if you only have one or 2 I did this for awhile till I could have alot of dreams naturally without being woke up. I dont do this anymore but it helped me get more dreams.
    Cicero

Apex Guest
    That method is known as the 'hard-core' method. Or at least, that's what I call it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast