Well met once again, Robert!

Promise I'll be as clear and concise as possible.

1.) Are you aware of these traditions of awakening -- the sort of shamanism, Toltec, and Tensegrity described in Castaneda's books -- and if so, how do they relate to the awakening of the kundalini energy?

Also,

The description of the individual who has mastered this tradition seems to possess abilities that are similar, but with very specific differences from the individual with awakened, risen and active kundalini.

2.) Do you have any idea why this might be? Are they completely different kinds of energies or energetic systems or something? Or is it merely a matter of belief in what one's capable of doing, and what one believes they need to do to get there based on what their ancestor's arcane traditions teach them?

For instance, from what I know of kundalini lore, the fully-awakened individual has almost Christ-like abilities, including a kind mastery over death which involves "ascending," like raising one's vibration to take one's physical body with their consciousness into higher dimensions (much like the "ascension" attributed to Christ, to Virgin Mary, and to the raptured Christians described in Revelation).

The Toltec master's conscious mind is instead said to be able to avoid the fate of being absorbed by the "Eagle," and live on indefinitely without a physical body. It sounds a lot like what I know of vampirism, where the human stores up enough energy in the etheric body to remain on that level longer than usual, feeding on the living in order to fight the etheric body's decay. The only difference seems to be that either the Toltec master is not bound by this feeding process, or if he is, there is no mention of it.

EDIT: I've been reading The Art of Dreaming, and there are descriptions of a "death defier," whose physical lifespan is measured in centuries. He apparently is an energy vampire, making pacts with sorcerers for gifts of power in exchange for some of their energy, which he infuses into his own physical body to defy death.

I appreciate any illumination you can shed.

Best,

--V

(Edit: Since the posts in their entirety have been moved to the Kundalini forum, I've condensed everything here as much as possible.)