Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coffee and meditation

Coffee and meditation

Please move if in wrong forum or if there's a similar thread on here you can let me know

If this isn't allowed I'm sorry all I read was no illegal substances

But does anyone here find coffee beneficial for meditation? Just got a new coffee roaster and am excited to try these beans from all around the world with my meditations I will post any updates or how it goes for me

Re: Coffee and meditation

Very cool. I had two cups of a strong roast then laid down to meditate. I put on a hemisync playlist of YouTube.

As I got relaxed I realized the physical sensations of the caffeine heart beat and hot head sort of. It didn't take long to get over it and ignore it my breath regulated my heartbeat after a while I think. Once I was very relaxed my mind started to wander.

I started to bring my focus to my third eye and them started havig some vivid imagey

I saw a moon in my third eye then it was just a moon in space. And a tiger appeared coming out of it very big as big as the moon. It came down to earth or the ground of some kind and started running it ran up a mountain witch turned out to be a volcano it ran to the top down the opening and came up the opposite side of the volcano but now the tiger was flaming and ran down the opposite side that It came up. ( the tiger didn't seem to be hurt, just flaming) the tiger then morphed into a man not modern more like a native American. The man was also on flames and running with a flaming spear he then threw the spear and when it landed it turned into water turning everything in its path into flowing water the water covered everything then the imagery kind of stopped.

I started thinking about nothing just being in the moment and started feeling exit sensations spinning turning I stayed calm and imagined myself breathing in energy to sustain me if I were to have an astral adventure

I enjoyed the exit sensations for some time then decides to get up because I have to go do something

Overall of this first trial my focus during meditation was great. And I was able to thoroughly relax
    Last edited by Johnthelegoman; 17th December 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Blog Entries

I find coffee beneficial when I want to have a quick projection- I have it and then start to take a nap- when you get to the point where you start to feel sleepy, the caffeine kicks in and allows you to maintain relaxation without falling asleep.

Just make sure not to overdo it- coffee is good and I love it, but too much can be harmful, like most things that are yum.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I drink multiple cups of coffee per day and I find that it does not really interfere with my meditation or trance work. I've removed it from my diet to see if it really did have an effect, but as far as I can tell nothing really changed.

You just don't want to overdo it. You probably will have a hard time if you chug three cups and then try to OBE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    too much can be harmful
    That's what "too much" means.

Just want to chime in here and note that when I started to become more energy-aware, doing energy work, meditating with greater focus, etc., I found that my sensitivity to caffeine increased greatly. I still consume it, but I have to be very careful how much I have or bad things happen (usually anxiety or insomnia, but also sometimes heart palpitations and very noticeable anxiety attacks, pretty much what you'd expect from a strong central nervous system stimulant).

I love my coffee, and my tea, but I limit myself to one cup of caffeinated coffee a day, and I will rarely have a cup of tea in addition to that, but mostly I stick to decaf once once I've had my daily "dose" of caffeine. (Note that Coca-Cola and some other carbonated drinks also have caffeine in them, so you need to count that intake, as well. Not that I recommend drinking carbonated drinks, but some people do, so...).

But, you know, there's no harm in giving it up for a while to see if you feel better without it. If you're a regular user, you'll get withdrawl symptoms, which include irritability and probably a headache that lasts a couple of days (you can ease it with a very, very small dose of caffeine, like a couple of mouthfuls of tea or similar). Some people, myself included, also have a period where they feel like they can't focus and their mind is all fuzzy. The good news is, all of this passes in two or three days. Go a week without the caffeine and you'll find you function okay without it. And, after a detox like that, when you DO start taking it again, you'll REALLY feel the effects. So a detox is a good way to kind of "reboot" your caffeine habit. Or just stopping it entirely, if you prefer.

I don't want to say "don't take caffeine" because I don't feel that way at all, but I do suggest that it might be interesting to see how you go without it, and if you prefer things that way.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I also consume several cups each day, which I know is not so good. Anyway, I'm a programmer and.. we do that! On the serious side, I'v never tried coffee for meditation practice. I feel that its interfeering somehow, but perhaps that just a bad thought.

Im actually no regular drinker I'll go weeks without it but I do love the taste of just pure coffee my girlfriend is the real coffee drinker I felt great meditating on coffee it actually got me closer to an ap then I have recently not on it. Anyway after the meditation I didn't feel so good I know it was the caffeine it was a strong batch we made it tasted good my girlfriend called me a lightweight anyway ��

Its okay tho alls well that ends well

Edit: it's not that time until you look at a clock
    Last edited by Johnthelegoman; 17th December 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Coffee is good when you are going to start meditating. Too much coffee can be harmful for health.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    I also consume several cups each day, which I know is not so good. Anyway, I'm a programmer and.. we do that! On the serious side, I'v never tried coffee for meditation practice. I feel that its interfeering somehow, but perhaps that just a bad thought.
    Yes... we do that.

I think coffee causes too much agitation in the long run. During meditation, one thing I encounter is that I become restless and agitated. I want something to happen. And I think coffee/caffeine is adding to that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    I think coffee causes too much agitation in the long run. During meditation, one thing I encounter is that I become restless and agitated. I want something to happen. And I think coffee/caffeine is adding to that.
    I enthusiastically agree with this.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.