Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coffee and meditation

Re: Coffee and meditation

I had another experience same beans as last time there from etheopia. Anyway it was 1 large cup drank a half hour before midnight december 20th

I wanted to be meditating during the end of the maya calander and plan to be doing so all day

Anyway i found myself very focused mentally after i got relaxed my focus was completely away from my physical body. I then sat in deep trance witch turned into sleep paralasis for about two hours. I felt heeavy exit sensations at one point but dont recal any astral travel im guessing inissed my exit?

Anyway coffee has been very helpful to me trying to project i think im going o drink some more and try again right now

Blog Entries

Just to note, the Mayan calandar didn't end at midnight. According to my research, the day begins at dawn according to their system. The midnight thing is, as far as I know, late Roman.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

it was just easier for me to do it at that time because for me its the start of a new day i gues I probobly knew the mayan calander didnt end midnight on my exact timezone

Blog Entries

I wasn't being a smartalec. I hope it didn't come across that way. I like to point out stuff people might not have considered, that's all.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

i have to "save" coffee for exam-time only , over the years iv'e built up strong immunity to it so i can only rotate coffee in "off" "on" cycles.
    also sadly it has zilch spiritual effect on me.

Doing entirely without gives me headaches. But at least I managed to go without it now in the later afternoon / evening. I take decaffeinated then instead. Btw, I noted that taking in coffee with sweets (around tea time in the afternoon) also produced dull generalised headaches for me, so I am happy to have restricted it to morning hours now.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
    Doing entirely without gives me headaches.
    That's addiction withdrawl. You can do away with the headache with just a very small dose of caffeine, like a couple of sips of tea. (This is what I do when I "detox" from caffeine; I can't tolerate the headaches, so I just take enough caffeine to appease the headache. Fortunately, it only takes a couple or three days to detox from caffeine, and after the second day or so, the headaches ease.)

I never consume caffeine after about 5pm. It can stay in your system up to six hours (or more, for some people). I am a natural night owl, but I've been trying to keep my schedule more sleep-at-night-awake-during-the-day, and caffeine in the evening really distrupts that.

Interestingly, my husband had a super busy week at work (he's a programmer/researcher) and they just got in a new coffee machine and, well, he pumped himself up on caffeine trying to keep his concentration focussed, etc. This weekend, he's been really out of it because of the caffeine. He's been limiting his intake significantly, but if he has NO caffeine, he gets headaces, can't concentrate, etc. Caffeine really is a pretty serious central nervous system stimulant. It's worth paying attention to that fact and regulating your intake of it accordingly. (Or you end up sitting on the couch like a vegetable watching kid shows, which is what he's doing today, heh )

Thats intresting. I have no problem going to sleep after coffee or tea and i dont have much of a tolerance either

Caffeine is a strong vascular constricting agent it "squeezes" shut the cephalic arterioles , so once you go off it the artery "bounce back" to their original size and shape (thats when you get the banging/pulsating headaches) , for the same reason to mitigate the pain of migraine headaches caffeine is often included in pain-relief medication.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChylde View Post
    Caffeine is a strong vascular constricting agent it "squeezes" shut the cephalic arterioles , so once you go off it the artery "bounce back" to their original size and shape (thats when you get the banging/pulsating headaches) , for the same reason to mitigate the pain of migraine headaches caffeine is often included in pain-relief medication.
    That's interesting! I find that a caffeine-withdrawl headache doesn't really respond to any pain reliever, including stuff made for migraines. In the U.S. (and probably elsewhere, but I admit, I haven't done a lot of shopping around for it ) you can get headache medicine that actually has caffeine in it (Excedrin is the brand that I'm familiar with; there are probably others).