Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do we outgrow/evolve beyond astral projection??

Do we outgrow/evolve beyond astral projection??

For around 2 years now I have not been able to project into the astral the way I used to do on a regular basis. But I do find I have an almost constant stream of images as soon as I close my eyes. They seem to be random, as I have little control over what & where I see. Over the past few weeks it has become ever more intense, especially as I have been almost blind in my right eye (corneal laceration, which has now largely recovered).

I find the process so "entertaining" that I have stopped reading & prefer to relax with my eyes closed to watch the "show"

The images start out as fuzzy lights on a dark background, then become clearer until they are as detailed as on a tv screen (with good reception!) Often I see human-like beings, busy at some puzzling tasks, & the other day a non-human woman I was looking at seemed to sense my gaze, as she turned & looked straight into my eyes - I apologised for intruding & opened my eyes.

Then there are the "sketches", which start out as random fine, black lines over a white surface, then zoom in or out, so that a charcoal sketch appears; I wish I could reproduce them as they are really amazingly beautiful but my drawing skills are seriously lacking.

I have also met a Guru type person, who explained that we no longer need to use the astral bodies or senses after a certain point, as we project/phase mentally. I've read the Robert Bruce can do both; yet I miss AP as it was such a euphoric state.

From various posts at this forum I gather that others have had the same experience of "losing" their AP "ability". Perhaps we should not cling to that stage - does anyone have any insights into this?

Blog Entries

Re: Do we outgrow/evolve beyond astral projection??

I have outgown or left behind SO many "metaphysical experiences" now. I miss some of them. I could re-create any of them, and sometimes I do, but for the most part, they seem like nothing but amusements to me now, and not the profound and oh-so-meaningful experiences they once were.

For me, this has just been a normal progression. I didn't outgrow in the sense of disdain or shunning. I just look at these phenomena and think "been there, done that, part of the illusion".
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Flutterby

How old where ou when you got into meditation and the metalhysical like obe and the sort.

How long did it take you to outgrow those experiences and how long have you been practicig if uou dont mind me asking of course

Some abilities are outgrown and some are integrated. Some just sit idle as we don't need their services in our current way of life.

I rarely go OBE just for the heck of it any more, but still once in a while do it to go look at something specific that I am not getting a good view of from 'afar'.

Part of the natural progression of growth is to find new and improved tools.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnthelegoman View Post
    How old where ou when you got into meditation and the metalhysical like obe and the sort.
    Hard to say. I had my first mystical experience when I was about five, and I practiced what I now know to be meditative prayer from a very early age. So I honestly can't answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnthelegoman View Post
    How long did it take you to outgrow those experiences and how long have you been practicig if uou dont mind me asking of course
    I don't know. I don't remember when the first realisation was that I was kind of over it. Fairly recently, I guess, like in the last ten years or so (I'm 48 now).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Nice thread.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hello, sono2.

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
    For around 2 years now I have not been able to project into the astral the way I used to do on a regular basis. But I do find I have an almost constant stream of images as soon as I close my eyes. They seem to be random, as I have little control over what & where I see. Over the past few weeks it has become ever more intense, especially as I have been almost blind in my right eye (corneal laceration, which has now largely recovered).
    I remember this happening during meditation. I also had no control over these. They would speed past, slow down, and I could even look at the stream from the side, as if one would sometimes see in visual arts renderings of how a movie is composed of single images.

I find the process so "entertaining" that I have stopped reading & prefer to relax with my eyes closed to watch the "show"
    That is very nice.

The images start out as fuzzy lights on a dark background, then become clearer until they are as detailed as on a tv screen (with good reception!) Often I see human-like beings, busy at some puzzling tasks, & the other day a non-human woman I was looking at seemed to sense my gaze, as she turned & looked straight into my eyes - I apologised for intruding & opened my eyes.
    This sounds a lot like phasing. Both Monroe and Bruce Moen varied their technique at some point. Try asking for a change of scene or being taken somewhere where you are needed.

Then there are the "sketches", which start out as random fine, black lines over a white surface, then zoom in or out, so that a charcoal sketch appears; I wish I could reproduce them as they are really amazingly beautiful but my drawing skills are seriously lacking.
    This could also be you tapping into the human creative potential. Whole pieces exist there, ready to be rendered. When you see them being drawn, you're not only seeing the piece itself, but the process of it being created. I think Kurt called that a "process configuration" in "Music and the Soul" - an energy shape that contains that both the result and the process of creating it, step by step. If this is happening, it might denote that your inner sense of perception has come online more strongly.

Try slowing these down, or ask for repeats of sequences. Try to see the same one when closing your eyes again. Ask consciously invisible helpers to aid you in developing this. Then try to replicate the process in physical reality. This can be a great boost to any creative ability you possess or try to cultivate.

(Ah, I see I misread your description a bit. Still, you could try asking for having this experience I described. It would deepen your use of the perception sense considerably.)

I have also met a Guru type person, who explained that we no longer need to use the astral bodies or senses after a certain point, as we project/phase mentally. I've read the Robert Bruce can do both; yet I miss AP as it was such a euphoric state.
    Euphoria as an experience lessens when you become more accomodated to an experience. It is the great bliss of adapting to something new that creates it. Recreating astral experiences would not bring it back, I'd think. The way is always forward.

The thing is that as you cultivate new skills it may seem like you are back on "square one" in many regards, below the levels you've grown accustomed to. You could see it as if it were like learning a new, more advanced instrument. You may not be as proficient on the piano as on a simple flute, but in the end the experience you have will be richer, more varied, complex and expressive.

From various posts at this forum I gather that others have had the same experience of "losing" their AP "ability". Perhaps we should not cling to that stage - does anyone have any insights into this?
    There are several ways of "losing" one's ability. One possible way is simply to open us up to more important explorations. If these experiences come up for you now, there's a good chance they are relevant to what you need to learn. So, have fun exploring them.

Yes, you outgrow many things when it comes to spiritual growth. Even the vibrational state changes-- the vibes either become smoother or disappear altogether, and the whole thing has a more "natural" feel to it. Robert Monroe, in his last book, states that going OBE became boring for him, almost like falling asleep.

I wonder if you look "beyond" the colors and shapes, and sort of mentally put your focus beyond them, if you could simply phase into the astral that way. You've probably just broken down the veil between Here and There to some extent.

Thank you both Korpo and dreaming 90 .
    This isn't, my thread but I've been apprehensive for a while trying to decide should I still try to raise energy for an OBE (which is hard work ) or trust what I 'm getting through mental projection ( and to be honest more beautiful in colours and sound)

Blog Entries

I think raising energy is recommendable in all aspects of life- I do it before a workout, or just for no reason. It's just a pleasant activity and it helps with backaches, at least in my case.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast