Thread: Feeling ecstatic energy sensations in my brain and spine?

Question Feeling ecstatic energy sensations in my brain and spine?

I started meditating about 20 years ago based on the recommendation of a friend and a few books to learn to induce a conscious out of body experience. After some time of practice I began feeling very relaxed and at the same time stimulating energy throughout my body, and was thrilled to discover a way to feel this way without other substances. I started waking up in dreams on occasion and realized they were astral experiences. Most of them involved floating or flying of some sort. I experienced quite a few zaps or snap backs in waking back up suddenly in my body, as well as being paralyzed upon waking, sometimes with or without recalling my out of body experience.

Things stayed at this point for some years. I started meditating while listening to music using headphones sometimes. I found that some music pans toward the front, back, left or right of the speakers, and consequently began stimulating energy and different sensations when my awareness or attention was absorbed in this. Every now and then I could feel the music, as a sensation above and behind my ears, usually on one side or another at a time. When focused on, this sensation would get stronger, and either shoot down my spine, or across and up my brain sending waves of ecstatic energy through my brain. My body would jerk upright as if being pulled up through my spine and up through the back and top of my head. It was almost violent, like sparks of fire like energy that were out of control, but it felt good at the same time. This feeling would not last long, and I would feel a bit burnt out afterward. After some time I found out this may be related to Kundalini awakening, so I stopped this type of practice.

Years later, I still get these sensations sometimes, and without headphones. I can listen to music in the car, or someone speaking behind me, and the sensations start to come back. I have had a few experiences in recent years where I am feeling exhausted and fatigued. So tired in fact, that I am ready to fall asleep, and can't imagine having the energy to do anything else. On occasion when feeling this way, I sit down to meditate. I don't even have the energy to sit straight, and my posture is quite slumped with my head down. I feel fatigue and a heaviness in my head. I can feel the heaviness pull me down to sleep. I take a deep breath and with that I feel a spark of ecstatic energy in my head. The sensation is fiery, ecstatic, and becomes stronger if I focus on it until it jerks my spine upright and the energy shoots out of my 3rd eye and crown chakra. It only lasts a minute, and I feel a bit burnt out afterwards, almost like I am not able to receive the amount of energy being put out, like overloading a socket...just like when I got these sensations listening to music with headphones.

Any advice on this, or people out there with similar experiences? Please advise...

Re: Feeling ecstatic energy sensations in my brain and spine?

If I have any advice or not, can be debated. :)

If you have any belief in guides, you may plan to ask a guide while meditating.
    I know one woman told the story while OBE that she was taken to a electronics
    workshop (!) nonphysically. She was told to think of melting two cable together
    each time she tried to heal herself, that way she would have her nonphysical
    sensations reduced.

If you don't believe in guides, maybe you can think of an "inner-selfhelper",
    part of yourself who you can ask for advice?

It could be interesting to watch omcasey's Bashar clip. He said that
    the experiences will be reduced after three years, but I don't know
    if that applies to you.

Blog Entries

More than likely you became aware of energy movement by your previous practices, and have heightened sensations. But I assume you already know this, so I'll move to the reasons this is happening.

I would postulate two or three possibilities, with different advice to go with it:
    One, you may be having epileptic seizures (I doubt it, but it should be looked at) in which case I would advise to go to a doctor and get checked out.
    The second is, that your practices, whichever those are, are imbalancing your energy. I would recommend energy work (this is not meditation), sponging of your tertiary centers and then your secondary centers, in that order, starting with the feet, legs and arms and then moving to whole-body sweeps, not specific energy center work.
    I think this would help 'even out' your energy body to minimize the spikes and energy exhaustion, and once it's better, I'd move to energy raising, more specifically the full-body circuit.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I like your idea of asking for a guide, I will include that in my practices. Thanks!

Thanks for your response. I don't know what Tertiary specifically is, but I get the idea, sponging the feet, legs and arms, then whole body, not focused on specific energy centers, I will try that, thanks!

Blog Entries

Tertiary centers are the small energy ports that are all over your body- usually a brushing action (mental) on the outside of the body in broad seeping motions starts out the work. I usually do tertiaries ('surface' brushing), move to secondaries ('inside' sponging or energy ball sweeping) and finish by energy raising, which works all primary centers and increases energy storage).
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I am by no means an expert in this area, but when I hear about "ecstatic energy" and "spine" I think Kundalini. On top of that, after reading your post I realized that you seem to have been experiencing some sensations that I can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicArt View Post

I have had a few experiences in recent years where I am feeling exhausted and fatigued. So tired in fact, that I am ready to fall asleep, and can't imagine having the energy to do anything else. On occasion when feeling this way, I sit down to meditate. I don't even have the energy to sit straight, and my posture is quite slumped with my head down. I feel fatigue and a heaviness in my head. I can feel the heaviness pull me down to sleep. I take a deep breath and with that I feel a spark of ecstatic energy in my head. The sensation is fiery, ecstatic, and becomes stronger if I focus on it until it jerks my spine upright and the energy shoots out of my 3rd eye and crown chakra. It only lasts a minute, and I feel a bit burnt out afterwards, almost like I am not able to receive the amount of energy being put out, like overloading a socket...just like when I got these sensations listening to music with headphones.
    One of my most prominent K symptoms has been fatigue. It has decreased over the years, and nowadays I even get bursts of heightened energy and insomnia. The blissful sensations you describe in your third eye region is another thing I've experienced. The best word for it really is "euphoric", the pleasure of it is immense and indescribable.

K is always causing strange symptoms which are transient in nature, at least in my experiences with it. There are a few central themes that are repeated, but by and large no two days are the same; heck, no two hours are the same. The plunges into mystical states can occur on a dime, and before you know it, you're right back to base consciousness. The long term benefits of this process far outweigh the troubling symptoms along the way, at least in my experience. My experience has been both humbling and transformational.

Everything works out. Best of luck to you.