Thread: One of those profound experiences

One of those profound experiences

I am very focused on integrating with my higher self at the moment so I thought it would be a good time to share an experience I had a few years ago.

It is night time. I become aware that I am outside my body. There is some sort of being watching me. It is only about two feet away. It does nothing. It just stares. I feel anger well up inside of me. This is a new reaction. I have been having awful unasked for OBE for a while now and I've had enough of the fear and powerlessness.

I throw back my head and roar like a wild animal. I surprise myself with my aggression. The being isn't affected one bit. Once I have finished my brave attempt to see it off it throws back its head and mimics me perfectly. I am taken aback but begin to experiment. When I raise my left arm it does the same. I try the right and it mirrors the action. Noting the connection we seem to have I decide to hurtle myself backwards into the unfamiliar astral world. I am annoyed that this being probably knows all about my experiences, whereas I know nothing. I will terrify myself to get to it. And so I push myself backwards at speed but the fear is too great and I hold out my hands and ask the being to help me.

In an instant it has caught me and brings me back to my body. It eases me in and seems to sit at my side leaning over me. The love emanating from it is nothing that I have ever experienced before. It feels like the love of God. Then it goes into my heart area like a ghost entering my body. I open my eyes and simply say 'wow'. There is nothing else I can say. The experience was too profound.

So that was my experience. For years I assumed I had met my higher self but I have come across references to shadow selves on this site so perhaps it had more to do with that. Although I have no idea what a shadow self is. I'd appreciate feedback on this from folks in the know. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: One of those profound experiences

I think you did meet a self aspect- Higher Self sounds good. All self-aspect meetings will leave you having learned something- I think in this case it was HS because of the feeling involved- the form of the aspect has teaching connotations, and maybe astral feedback. So the distinction may be only academic.
    Nice experience, Regza.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I don't wonder if your "roar" was actually prompted by your other. I've found this sort of thing sometimes happens to me. I'll act or think or do something that is wildly out of character for myself, and then I have to consider why, and in that why I often see a characteristic my higher is trying to teach me about. So...I think that roar is a focal point you may want to spend some time considering.

I could be wrong,

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Without disagreeing with anyone,
    Quote Originally Posted by Regza
    There is some sort of being watching me. It is only about two feet away.
    This experience reminds me of 'mirror' effects in the astral. Was there a mirror anywhere areound? Could be the HS taking this opportunity to communicate. I'm assuming no mirror was apparent - but it reads much that way.

My experience with astral mirrors is always different but always involves another 'me'.

For what it's worth...
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Hey thanks for the replies.

The experience actually happened over 10 years ago!

Cft not wanting to over analyse long after the event but I definitely recall getting a sense that In the Universe there is no hiding, whether oneself or one's acts. Things are what they are. I tried aggression and then passive aggression but none of it worked ... Perhaps a significant lesson for me all those years ago.

Soulsail I do think it was the power of the roar that surprised me (dare I say impressed me!). The issues of power has been of interest to me for many years and only lately I have come to realise that I fear the power within myself. This is significant to me in a very real way as I have a dreadful habit of handing over power to the people I meet.

Ha eyeoneblack you might be right...there was a mirror in the room. If I am following you correctly (and I may not be because I am feeling very ungrounded at the moment)you mean I just saw a reflection of myself in the astral?? If that's the case I look like a thousand year old man what kind of experiences have you had with astral mirrors?

You know that's what I love/hate about following the less thread 'spiritual' path because you never know what to take seriously or what's a bit of an embarrassing misperception. It's one of the reasons why I don't bother trying to project. I just got tired of freaking myself out over strange beings heavy breathing behind me , only to discover later that it was my own physical body

Blog Entries

Ha ha, I'm still laughing at 'freaking yourself out'. I hope I don't offend - a sense of humor is very helpful and if you don't have it, try to get it.

I'm not sure, mirrors are just strange. I've seen an old share-cropper type black man. I never figured that one out, being at the time a fairly young and somewhat (barely) sophisticated white man. But I take it for what it is. Thinking of it again, I'm thinkin' I might have some clues so many years later. But, nevermind that.

Once I apparently reproduced an exact copy of myself via a mirror, and we went together to seek our friends. That was fun. Others have stepped through a mirror and landed in a mysterious world; ahem, Alice.

Reading your story I just suspected there might have been a mirror around.
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 22nd March 2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Laugh away eyeoneblack. No offence taken. I'm staying away from the mirrors though...until I grow a pair

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Regza View Post
    Laugh away eyeoneblack. No offence taken. I'm staying away from the mirrors though...until I grow a pair
    And you have a wonderful sense of humor!
    - E Hubbard