Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Higher Self

Thinking about the Higher Self

I've been reading and thinking about spiritual matters for most of my life now; trying to get a handle on what everything's about. When I was younger, trying to understand why there's so much agony in the world, why 'God' did nothing about it. Was there really a wrathful deity, or an absent one, or maybe nothing at all?

After decades of studying (I'm now 44), my rudimentary impression is that there is indeed some kind of vast-beyond-imagining ocean of consciousness 'thing'. Glimpses provided by many sources (including peoples' NDE's, OBE's and regressions) indicate that its nature is wise and loving and we're fully a part of it - made from it. Now that's a huge relief isn't it - that the ultimate power of all existence is nurturing? Whew!

But still, it can seem a bit impersonal. Free will is one explanation - and that we are learning in the school of hard knocks. But from the perspective of a little tiny human creature, the universe can seem a pretty harsh and cruel place. If there is a god and a heaven-like afterlife, most of us can't see it or hear it, and help doesn't often seem forthcoming.

These days I've gotten to the stage where I accept - at least intellectually - that we probably get help on a regular basis from all manner of good spirits, but most of us can't perceive them. Beyond our understanding there's probably reasons for why things happen as they do, and I think that all will (eventually) be well. Just knowing that there is more to existence than we perceive in the world, and that death is not the end - that is a benchmark for me.

But it's not enough. I want to get closer to feeling it, experiencing it directly. That's the core reason I'm interested in astral projection. On a mundane level, I want to prove to myself that consciousness can be outside the body. On a higher level, I'm hoping to see - the higher planes, the spiritual realms. Maybe communicate.

Some time ago I started thinking about that concept of discovering all this divine stuff within ones' self. The 'kingdom of heaven within'. In theory, if I do enough 'work' on myself, on my consciousness, lessening the hold of the ego, and perhaps asking for help (intent), this is possible. Okay. So I started meditation, gave up some unhealthy practices, began to get fit.

Only recently though, I felt my perception shift on an intellectual level. Instead of looking at the divine as some distant, impersonal, super-massive smiley face, I've been integrating the concept of Higher Self as a bridge from me to It. Here's my mental picture: if your soul advances through hundreds (or even thousands?) of lives, and you continue to learn in the between-life stages, your energy supposedly evolves and you grow up...and then you go on to many more stages of evolution beyond even the need for physical incarnation. Eventually we evolve beyond our capacity to even imagine.

If time is not linear in the afterlife, then it stands to reason that we have already evolved through these processes, and every stage kind of exists simultaneously. So if you are reaching out to your higher, much-more-evolved self, you could perhaps expect an interested 'response' of some kind because, well...it's YOU!

Makes it much more personal I think. Dude, it's YOU! Yes Dude, I'm you TOO!

P.S. I kinda wish I could go back and talk to myself as a young man and give him some support and encouragement, like the ultimate big brother. Impart some of my knowledge and skills. "Hey I know how you feel kid - more than anyone". Maybe this is how the higher self feels eh? Seems weird to be talking like this though - oddly self centered heh heh! Ultimately though, I imagine you'd identify this strongly with everyone, once you'd reached divine levels of consciousness.

Any insights provided...will be devoured ravenously.

Blog Entries

Re: Thinking about the Higher Self

I like what you said. Some time ago I realized (not all by myself, to make sure I clarify this) that the road to *it* (you give it the name) is to realize everything and everyone is divine. Simple, yet difficult at times.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Energize View Post
    Only recently though, I felt my perception shift on an intellectual level. Instead of looking at the divine as some distant, impersonal, super-massive smiley face, I've been integrating the concept of Higher Self as a bridge from me to It. Here's my mental picture: if your soul advances through hundreds (or even thousands?) of lives, and you continue to learn in the between-life stages, your energy supposedly evolves and you grow up...and then you go on to many more stages of evolution beyond even the need for physical incarnation. Eventually we evolve beyond our capacity to even imagine.

If time is not linear in the afterlife, then it stands to reason that we have already evolved through these processes, and every stage kind of exists simultaneously. So if you are reaching out to your higher, much-more-evolved self, you could perhaps expect an interested 'response' of some kind because, well...it's YOU!

Right on! "Eventually we evolve beyond our capacity to even imagine". I see that this "evolving" is peaked right now. To say that our taking libertys has overun our Liberty, such that billions of individual opinions arguably differ in the definition of Liberty, this by what they've each excelled with as personal libertys.

But it's not a "right or wrong" happening, it's just Us.

Watashi Wa Anata! Wa Ai Ni!

Tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Hi Tutor, thanks for your reply!

Not exactly sure what you mean with your comments about evolving and liberty.
    Are you talking about evolution of modern societies in the world?
    Last edited by Energize; 17th April 2013 at 01:05 AM.

Hi,

Saying Liberty is Liberty, a word/concept old as mankind. Got lost to imagination's warp and woof as if it is to be a personal choice. Is why i added the Japanese sayings at the end, that say "I am You" and "I love You". there is no language that does not have conceptual reach, even if the concept was/is not immediately identifiable. "Modern", now there is a novel idea. though, far reaching i suppose.

Tim

Hi Tim. I've been pondering your posts. I'm struggling a bit to understand. Seems like you are speaking in an ancient magical language...or a riddle...or a haiku!

I've been reading a book suggested by someone on the forum (I can't remember who it was - 1eyeblack maybe?) called Psychic Self-Defense, by Dion Fortune.

In it, she describes experiences involving the appearance of the higher self in times of stress. Or more like a shifting of the point of awareness to the higher self.

"Upon other occasions of stress and strain I have experienced a sudden shifting of the level of consciousness. The Higher Self has descended and taken control. From being in the midst of turmoil one is suddenly raised high above it and sees all the circumstances of one's life spread out like a bird's-eye view, as one might see the land from a high place, and one knows intuitively the outcome of the matter. All emotional turmoil ceases, and one is like a ship hove-to, securely riding out the storm. When this occurs to me, the memory of my past incarnations is always vividly present also. It is this simultaneous wakening of the past which makes me feel that the voice is that of my own Higher Self, and not of another entity."
    Last edited by Energize; 17th April 2013 at 01:23 AM.

Hi Energize,

hmmmm, never read any of Dions work, heard of her.

suggestion: stop thinking about being and just be. search within yourself friend, for what is offensable, that defense would be the chosen call. David in the psalms crys out to God, saying that if these enemys were at the gate or storming the palace, saying that surely I and my guards sighting upon them...could defend and defeat them. But, these enemys are within unseen of me and my guards. and as David roughly slept, his guards all around him to assure his feeling safe, at the very least, from without. paraphrase

so where or what is this very most, which when un-se-cured, would have one tormented from an unknown within, to from, deeply cry 'out' for very God?

so many books friend, yet each is their very own unread book (copy of) crying out for lack of remembrance of they from within. i suggest to familiarize yourself with your self. one is not even the author of themself, even as they've had some say in it's develope-mental capacity (behavioral/conditioning), as it were.

interesting term: geh-tzem ani, geh is a pointed reference (now presence, momentous) to what follows; tzem is same; ani is self. means self-same, yet infers the word day/now, or what a day is (yom). or to say, self-same day.

Our Lord Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsemani, kneeling in agonizing fear, received the cup of our Father God Almighty's Will.

perhaps friend, this is the price for remembrance; however, it has been pre-payed for each. and each as a penny, for God leaves none penniless, if remembrance be. Human will is of the Image as well, perhaps foremost; and we wrestle with the greater will, such that even that greater would in the overpowering, not harm, but hurt, slowing down the capacity of an image, thus bringing it to it's senses, within. same for each and same for every. in this we ought Rejoice!

I have nothing originating from myself to share off-handedly. But, on hand friend, is re-minding others that they are now as they are, worthy (lacking nothing), just as they may find themselves presently found within, towards their own unique remembrance of them selves.

odd thing to say, "lacking nothing", for it means what we'd not ordinarily "imagine", because we'd rather imagine ourselves as quite "something"; such that, from their/there, we need to aquire this [nothing] sense of our true self. gratitude for everything as it is that we are as we are, of this everything given to, as well as given from.

Can't Hold Us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SihoKQ-uLqE

I read and study for fun's sake, my bliss. often we seek so hard for our self, that we'd not occur to see that everyone is awakening at once to an everything awakened. Listen to the music, for it is our free voice globally emergent of spirited lyrics speaking for the whole's [yet] self-silencing individual fruitless searches from without. closed eyes, receding to within, listen to the sound of music, whereupon word is given to song, and dance is given to movement, and all is artfully instru-mentally orchestrated. Tehillem

their/there ain't nothing not praising God. Ani is not lost to knees bent as nothing (Ain), is a-gained, as remembrance is gained from forgetfullness. ya see, the memory is there, even if forgotten, and remembered being; yet it were, ever and anon, but ever first and now everlasting. Forgetfulnees is as dark the seeming loss of, and we lust from without for that which first within is everlasting, remembrance a-gain is the light.

Tim

each in every of ONE: open your mail BoX...jam packed full of letters sent through time to you, to us...NOW!

Bo = Come
    X means what?

of 13's...

Romans 13:11-14

11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
    Last edited by Tutor; 22nd April 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Okay, thanks for your post Tim.

From researching the process of remembering and awakening, I get the impression that while you can work at developing yourself as much as you like, at some core level it has already been achieved. That's a peaceful concept for me.

I enjoy how music can have a powerful affect on my state of consciousness. I love harmonies - makes my hair stand on end!
    Maybe a buried memory resurfacing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Energize View Post
    I love harmonies - makes my hair stand on end!
    Maybe a buried memory resurfacing.
    Certain kinds of choral music will make me weep. I don't know why. I just love the sound of a choir, particularly with descants. Thrills me to my core and moves me in ways I can't begin to describe.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thank Energize,

Just my honest summations as shared observations. Music reaches from the spheres, i reckon so. the whole of anyone is the same whole as anyone might be as whole. Or to say in a word from one's self to very God, "Thou knowest I love Thee, as Thee love me that I might love Thee". It is ever usward within to realize such a love that we might love in just such a way. Mostly I learn from others, and it never occurs to me what I should write until i've with another felt to write whatever it is that i write. Usually though, what i've written gets a "???". I don't write from intellect, though i suppose it routes through that agency. I write from the heart, because that is where the what of it all comes down to. to say, while one cannot be free of the flow, one can be free in the flow. the flow is the flow, motion, e. is what No'ah means, as the feminine sense of the name/word.

for example, as pertaining to "imagined", though quite real enough, enemys within, as...does not a sense of reality begin within? flow|wolf check this video out: she wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs

flow is flow, within is met from without. being down with that, is also to be well met. I wish i could grasp clearer words...but through us, each of us, is this flow through and through. tis fast, though it is said, "the hand is quicker than the eye" or "God is mighty to save".

maybe, all the availed human language that is openly shared today is that forgotten ancient place/source, whereas times without such availed knowing were at its worst the farthest and darkest reaches from ancient and lighted place/source. oddly next door neighbors as "the darkest hour is before the dawn". food for thought

maybe Job is presently gathering from experiences to write, or even presently writing the oldest known manuscript given within the Bible. today Job is recognized as "Everyman", every...being Us.

so i fail to see how it must be that i am writing in some ancient language, when in fact pretty much every surviving language is at anyone's fingertips right now. etymology is anyone's with which to become linguistically familiar with the root of roots.

but, if ya heard me talkin in my everyday hillbillyish way, ya'd reckon me at nought. i have very little to say actually, well unless ya was my wife, lord knows she tires of hearin me. but, i can read and write, as i see to. I been a lover of/to Torah, which within is all and therefrom is all, for some many years, not to boast though God forbid, for i never chose it really, it just up and presented itself to me as a choice in a narrowing time of my life. like a life saver thrown to a man fallen overboard, hard to say no to offered grasp at life. a spotty romance at times, but none the less a lasting romance. of love, it is true, "the best is saved for last".

Tim
    Last edited by Tutor; 18th April 2013 at 12:38 AM.