Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how can we prove the psychic phenominon?

Re: how can we prove the psychic phenominon?

I have to agree with CFTraveler. In itself there is nothing wrong with skepticism. I think when it's combined with a belief system that is incapable of accepting new information that it then can becomes a problem. Everything has to filter through the belief system and whether the information is right or wrong if it doesn't fit with the established thought pattern it will be rejected. This can work both ways whether it be in the scientific community or the religious.
    Last edited by BDeye; 8th March 2013 at 06:56 AM.

hey everybody check this out, i found the latest intervieuws of Dr Sam Parnia. in both interviews he says, CONSIOUSNESS SURVIVES DEATH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9IOwfuoIwM at the end of interview

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CC_2yzqUVs at 34:00 minutes

this is the freshest stuff in medicall science thats out there now i gues

Blog Entries

I saw this on TV when it first came out.... and it frightened me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

why? i havent heard the whole interview yet but also he advocates strong evidence for conciousness after death at 54: 50 minutes

Blog Entries

Just watch the whole thing.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I just wish they would stop calling them skeptics. It's my one big problem with it. A true skeptic looks at everything, and exhibits no bias. They're not skeptics, they're materialists.
    What I find even more disturbing is the fact that they also hijacked the words "Freethinker" to label themselves with sometimes. They do not think freely at all imv. Also I do not like the term "naturalism" or "naturalist" because it implies they (science..) know what "NATURE" (of consciousness, the universe) is about, which they don't.

Ps, will check out the Sam Parnia interview soon, but I thought that the expermiments were unsuccessful , so why did he come to the other conclusion then? Well, maybe he accepted the fact that the whole setup is flawed from the outset and that you need other empirical approaches to the phenomenen (such as has been done, e.g. see Pim van Lommel's work, or Kenneth Ring's work about blind people who see in NDEs).
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

This thread has really shown me something interesting. I sincerely have no more attachment to "what other people think". I mean, I still sometimes seek out people's opinions and viewpoints for various reasons, but it seems that any desire I might have once had to show anyone anything, teach them anything, convince them of anything is gone. It's kind of a relief, actually. I used to be quite wound up with "what other people think" and so on. Now... meh. Whatever. I don't care. I sincerely and genuinely and truly do not care. So long as they stay out of my immediate reality experience, I have no interest at all.

Cool.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

getting back to CFTraveler, i just watched the whole coast to coast show, still don't know what frightened you but no problemo, to me it was a nice show about scientifically talking about death and the stages after death and also 100% pro the existing of afterlife or soul in this case. To me Dr. Parnia stated clearly that the evidence shows there is lets say in the eyes of a medicall scientist, "high likely" chance of existing of an afterlife, but its just the amount of results he had wich were to little so the study is still ongoing. to prove it scientifically some parts of the evidence just needs more numbers. that's what i got out of the interview (he in no way stated that the afterlife could not be real but was more talking in a way like it was more like a reality for him allready) definately from 30:36 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    This thread has really shown me something interesting. I sincerely have no more attachment to "what other people think". I mean, I still sometimes seek out people's opinions and viewpoints for various reasons, but it seems that any desire I might have once had to show anyone anything, teach them anything, convince them of anything is gone. It's kind of a relief, actually. I used to be quite wound up with "what other people think" and so on. Now... meh. Whatever. I don't care. I sincerely and genuinely and truly do not care. So long as they stay out of my immediate reality experience, I have no interest at all.

Cool.
    Hi ButterflyWoman, I like the idea of where you are, it's sounds a bit self centred but I guess that's where we are supposed to be detached compassion, offering ideas and such when asked but no need for approval. Happy to just be,and be with just yourself sounds bliss.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast