I wouldn't call it a mistake, I would call it a confusion of expectation. You were expecting B and got A- Instead, just see what you get and try to enjoy it-whatever it is.
If you want to avoid much of this feedback and trouble navigating, I have a couple of possible solutions:
1- Cultivate energy work. Besides the obvious 'energy' connotation, energy work also trains you into knowing your energy body, and helps you control it a little more. This is easier to do than to explain. I don't know if it helps with 'vision' issues (because they are not really 'vision' issues, since the energy body has no 'eyes') but it will help with control and navigation.
2- Get away from your body. If you get out of your body, but are having trouble moving, seeing, etc., more than likely the energy body is fighting to get away from the physical so that your perceptual awareness can make the transition from in-body perceiving to energy-body perceiving. So even if you have to feel your way out, crawl, whatever you have to, try to get away from the area where you know your body is (especially if you feel pulled towards it)- get out of the room. Once the real time body is far enough your conscious point of view will center in your energy body and you can see what you want or fly around or go through stuff, which is the kind of stuff you do in the rtz. Do this enough times that you are comfortable making the exit and reentry, and after a while it becomes easier and soon you'll be shifting into the 'proper' astral, and so on.