Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extreme sports: Awakening

Re: Extreme sports: Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Energize View Post
    BFW: I wonder if "I" need to try and do anything to become aware? Although I feel drawn to it ('awakening'), I'm reluctant to let go of everything and pursue a path that could potentially devastate the structure of my life. I wonder if it's even possible to have such an experience and still function within the world, and not require a long recovery/stabilising period.
    Yeah, many people are scared of that for the same reasons... Point is that your Ego is not your real Self and by getting rid of the false Self you are not destroying your life, in fact you are improving it. You might quit your job, truly indeed, but in that case there would be something much better stored for you.

Blog Entries

I suggest both EWO and Energize look into the philosophy/theory of Buddhism- the Buddha figured out he didn't have to do anything to reach enlightenment- enlightenment is not letting go of worldly things but your attachment to them, and to let go of your attachment to them is to realize their existence is less than 'real'.
    The western mind tends to tell you that you have to 'do' something- but realization is a process that happens when you figure out what it's all about (or think you do), and you may go through the motions of 'defeating' the ego (which btw, is ego reaffirming) or doing this or that to 'detach' from the transitory- or you can just watch it come and go, realizing it's all just sensations that don't last.
    I'm just sayin'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I'm now I'm leaving this thread- I see the trap I set for myself in it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Energize
    I like the idea of not losing my loving, forgiving God.
    Well, that's why it's not for 'sissies', because actually you do, just you respect those who can't let go.

And EWO same goes. Meditation replaces praying, because there is no ONE to pray to. Katzinzakis (sp) book "The Saviours of God" makes the point that we ARE god and He is not Another, but us. Not sure I recommend that book, too many years ago that I read it.

Enlightment or Clear Sight may be like the overnight succuess in music - it only seems that way.

These are just my personal thoughts and the road along the way is fraught with challenges. Maybe others don't see it that, but I'll warn you there are a lot of 'talking heads' in new age lit.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Butterflywoman, we've had our disputes, but would you deny that the road to 'freedom' wasn't paved with loses and tears?
    If you happen to read this....
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Butterflywoman, we've had our disputes, but would you deny that the road to 'freedom' wasn't paved with loses and tears?
    I deny nothing, but I have and continue to observe that it's a very personalised process, unique to the individual. I don't think everyone's path necessarily leads through agony. Most of the time, yeah, probably, but that's because most people hold a lot of beliefs and ideas that make it so, that make it necessary. The shedding of those beliefs and attachments, due to their nature, is unpleasant for a lot of people. But I don't think it has to be universal. And pain doesn't have to equal suffering (which is one of the things I had to learn), but suffering doesn't automatically lead anywhere.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I wonder if "I" need to try and do anything to become aware?
    About the only thing you CAN do is surrender, i.e., get over yourself and get out of the way.

Although I feel drawn to it ('awakening'), I'm reluctant to let go of everything and pursue a path that could potentially devastate the structure of my life. I wonder if it's even possible to have such an experience and still function within the world, and not require a long recovery/stabilising period.
    If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. You can't stop it or prevent it. All you can do is make it take longer and be more difficult.

I can't imagine how there could NOT be an adjustment period. It's like spending your entire life bound by gravity and suddenly finding yourself weightless. Navigation is entirely different, familiar ways of doing things no longer work, reference points are removed or changed.

I don't think it necessarily has to be traumatic, though. I've said this many times, but it's a very personal, individualised process, based on your own unique beliefs, thought patterns, and reality.

It's like, becoming more aware of awareness itself
    A better approximation is that Awareness becomes aware of Itself, through the persona (point of view) that is "you".
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Oh my god there is so much to learn and unlearn. I am just going to go with the flow. Fly as high in the sky and check in here daily.

Blog Entries

I said
    Butterflywoman, we've had our distputes, but would you deny that the road to 'freedom' wasn't paved with losses and tears?
    And you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I deny nothing,
    I guess I should be glad of that.
    As for the rest of your thoughts, right on.!!!
    - E Hubbard

EWO: I only stumbled on Eckart Tolle recently (last few months), and I've really enjoyed watching him on youtube. The way he presents the concepts is in really simple terms, easy to understand. Great insights for me. I especially like the way a playful sense of humour is always with him - like a mischievous garden gnome heh heh! That thing he does where he looks around pensively, mimicking the ego mind always cracks me up. I'll try and track down the one about content ego vs structural ego. I don't think I've seen that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frater.Akenu View Post
    Yeah, many people are scared of that for the same reasons... Point is that your Ego is not your real Self and by getting rid of the false Self you are not destroying your life, in fact you are improving it...
    Hi Frater.Akenu! That's very encouraging indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I'm now I'm leaving this thread- I see the trap I set for myself in it.
    Quick, somebody grab CFTraveler, she's getting away!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    About the only thing you CAN do is surrender, i.e., get over yourself and get out of the way.
    Okay then, I surrender.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast